Students and families enrolled at the Wheatley School can learn here about exam registration for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams. The AP® Exam registration information and policies are posted below. Please read through this information carefully before placing your order.
Exam Fee Payment Deadline: January 10, 2020, midnight EST.
NEW EXAM REGISTRATION DEADLINES AND PROCEDURES
Step 1: Activate your Exam on MyAP – Students will activate their AP® Exams on the College Board MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org in class with the AP® Teachers. Activation will occur before September 30, 2019. An active College Board profile log in will be needed (see FAQs for more information.)
Step 2: Submit exam fees – Students will receive from APTS at the email address linked to their MyAP account a customized and personal digital invoice for exam fees that are due. Invoices will be emailed out on October 15, 2019. Exam fees are due paid in full by January 10, 2020.
General Policies and Information:
1. The cost per exam is $96. Course registration for the AP® Seminar Capstone course is $144 per exam.
2. Students enrolled in AP® courses at the Wheatley School are required to sit for, pay for and take the exam that accompanies the course. No cancellations or refunds are possible. Failure to register for the AP® Exam means that the student will lose the AP® designation on their Wheatley School transcript.
Students not enrolled in an AP® course at Wheatley School may be permitted to take the AP® exam. Please see Ms. Ibarra for special instructions to be able to register.
3. To activate an AP® Exam order for the May 2020 exam administration, students will log into their College Board profiles in their AP® class via http://myap.collegeboard.org
College Board profiles are the same profile accounts used to order SAT® Exams, or to retrieve prior year AP® or PSAT/NMSQT® exam scores. If a student has never created a College Board profile, they should do so on the “Create Account” link on http://myap.collegeboard.org
To link their exam subject to their profiles, students will receive from each of their AP® teachers a Join Code (or access code). Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Any student absent when the codes are distributed to activate their exams must see their teacher immediately. Deadline to apply the Join Code to your MyAP profile is September 30, 2019.
The MyAP system will prompt students to complete a MyAP Profile – please make sure to enter your full legal name, the correct school of attendance, your student ID number, and an email address checked frequently to enable receipt of important alerts from College Board and APTS.
Please see the FAQs for more information.
4. Payment submission for AP® exams will be done through a digtal invoice through APTS. Students with active exam orders on MyAP will receive on October 15, 2019 a custom digital invoice. Invoices will be emailed to the email address on the student’s College Board profile.
The fees due can be submitted either by online payment (credit or debit card), or via mailing in a check or money order. Instructions will be provided in the invoice.
Use of a credit or debit card to complete the online payment form will incur a 3% credit card processing fee. Students may choose to avoid that fee by mailing in a check or money order to the address provided in the invoice instructions. Mail in options should be payable to “APTS.” If you select this option, you must postmark your payment on or before January 6, 2020 to ensure timely processing.
Payment of the balance due in full must be submitted by January 10, 2020.
Penalty fees of $25 per exam will be levied beginning January 11, 2020 and through January 17, 2020. Any exams with an outstanding balance as of January 18, 2020 will be de-activated.
5. Per College Board regulations: students MAY NOT take both the AP® Calculus AB and the AP® Calculus BC exams in the same calendar year. In addition, only students who have completed the AP® Computer Science Principles and AP Seminar required in-class assessment due to College Board on April 30 may sit for the May exam.
6. Students enrolled in AP® Physics C, if you would like to take both the Mechanics AND Electricity & Magnetism exams, you must register for them as separate exams. Please see Ms. Ibarra for the Join Code to be able to add the E&M exam to your registration.
7. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, see Ms. Ibarra. Approval may take several days so it is critical to apply early. Approval for fee reductions will be based on criteria established by the College Board.
8. Special accommodations for students with 504s or IEPs must be applied for and approved by College Board. For many students who have a 504 or IEP, accommodations have already been applied for and approved in the 10th grade. Check with your Resource Room Teacher/504 Coordinator to review your status. Application for accommodations takes approximately 7 weeks—your request for accommodations must be submitted by your Resource Room Teacher/504 Coordinator to College Board no later than January 17, 2020. If you do not have approval from College Board, you will not be provided accommodations.
9. Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:45 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will be promptly at 11:45 a.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP Exam early.
10. Students who have self-studied for an exam and who would like to register, please contact Wheatley AP Coordinators Lauren Silverstein email@example.com or Dawn Muscarnera firstname.lastname@example.org to request testing and to receive registration instructions.
Questions or need assistance? Please send an email to email@example.com