Students and families enrolled at the Wheatley School can register here for the 2019 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams. The AP Exam registration information and policies are posted below. Please read through this information carefully before placing your order.
Registration Deadline: January 31, 2019, midnight EST.
1. All registration for AP exams will be done online through APTS. Registration opens December 1, 2018 and runs through January 31, 2019. There is no paper registration. If you do not register for the exam BEFORE the deadline, you will lose any AP designation on your transcript.
2. The cost per exam is $96.00. Course registration for the AP Seminar Capstone course is $144 per exam.
3. Students enrolled in AP courses at the Wheatley School are required to sit for, pay for and take the exam that accompanies the course. No cancellations or refunds are possible.
4. Students not enrolled in an AP course at Wheatley School may be permitted to take the AP exam. Please see Ms. Varela for a passcode to be able to register.
5. Per College Board regulations: students MAY NOT take both the AP Calculus AB and the AP Calculus BC exams in the same calendar year. In addition, only students who have completed the AP Computer Science Principles required in-class assessment due to College Board on April 30 may sit for the May exam.
6. Students enrolled in AP Physics C, if you would like to take both the Mechanics AND Electricity & Magnetism exams, you must register for them as separate exams. Please see Ms. Varela for the passcode to be able to add the E&M exam to your registration.
7. Payment for exams may be done via credit or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the APTS online registration form as well as the follow up email sent to the parent email address provided on the form.
8. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, see Ms. Varela. Approval may take several days so it is critical to apply early.
Approval for fee reductions will be based on criteria established by the College Board.
9. All students will be required to attend a mandatory pre-administration session scheduled for mid April. Please see schedule below. Additional details of the pre-administration sessions will be released on the Wheatley School website in March.
- Grade 10 Pre-Administration Session: April 9, 2019 at 2:30 PM
- Grade 11 Pre-Administration Session: April 10, 2019 at 2:30 PM
- Grade 12 Pre-Administration Session: April 11, 2019 at 2:30 PM
- Makeup session: April 12, 2019 at 7:15 AM
10. Special accommodations for students with 504s or IEPs must be applied for and approved by College Board. For many students who have a 504 or IEP, accommodations have already been applied for and approved in the 10th grade. Check with your Resource Room Teacher/504 Coordinator to review your status. Application for accommodations takes approximately 7 weeks—your request for accommodations must be submitted by your Resource Room Teacher/504 Coordinator to College Board no later than February 20, 2019. If you do not have approval from College Board, you will not be provided accommodations.
11. Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:45 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will be promptly at 11:45 a.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP Exam early.
12. Please read the College Board AP Bulletin for Parents and Students
Questions or need assistance? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org