2020 AP® Exam Policies and Procedures:
- Step 1: Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on https://myap.collegeboard.org (regardless of whether or not they will be taking the AP® Exam! This site will provide students with class AND exam preparation resources.) To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile.(Completed in Class in September.)
- Step 2: To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, a $40 per exam non-refundable deposit is due by October 17, 2019. Click below to submit the deposit.
- Step 3: Starting on November 10, students who had submitted their AP® Exam deposit by the deadline, will receive an electronic invoice from APTS for the exam fee balance due. The balance due can be submitted online with a debit/credit card, with Apple Pay, or by check/money order mailed in. All balances must be paid in full by February 14, 2020 or the AP® exam order will be automatically cancelled.
1. The cost per test is $62. Students must submit a $40 non-refundable deposit towards this fee to indicate their exam decision no later than October 17. NO late submissions are possible.
2. To submit the exam deposit, click on Submit AP® Exam Deposit
3. Deposit submission may be done via credit or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online deposit form and in your email summary. If you are paying by check or money order please know that your deposit will not be considered complete until the payment is received; the postmark deadline for mail in payments is October 14.
4. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, see your counselor. Approval may take several days so it is critical to apply early. Students eligible for Free & Reduced Lunch receive a discount from College Board. In past years, the State of NJ has subsidized an additional fee reduction for these students. If that is the case again this year, those students will automatically receive a refund equal to the amount of the state subsidy. If these additional funds become available, refunds will be issued in May IF the student sat for the exam.
5. Balance Due: AP® Exams will only be ordered for students who have submitted a deposit by October 17. These students will receive an email on November 10 which will contain an electronic invoice for the balance due. The balance due must be paid in full by February 14, 2020. The balance due can be submitted via credit or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. Directions for payment will be provided. If you are paying by check or money order please know that your deposit will not be considered complete until the payment is received; the postmark deadline for mail in payments is February 11, 2020. Penalty fees will apply for students who add a late submission for ordering. All balances must be paid in full by February 14 or the AP® exam order will be automatically cancelled.
6. Special accommodations for students with 504s or IEPs must be applied for and approved by College Board. Check with your case manager or counselor to review your status. Application for accommodations takes approximately 7 weeks – your request for accommodations must be submitted by your case manager to College Board no later than January 17, 2020. If you do not have approval from College Board, you will not be provided accommodations.
7. Per College Board regulations, students MAY NOT take both the AP® Calculus AB and the AP® Calculus BC exams in the same calendar year.
8. Students wishing to take the AP® Physics C exams will be charged for each separate exam.
9. Cancellation – students who submit a deposit for an AP® exam but decide before November 14, 2019 to cancel that exam will receive a refund. After 11:59pm on November 14, 2019 no cancellation requests will receive a refund. No shows on exam day are not eligible for a refund.
To cancel your exam – submit a written request to email@example.com This email should include your name, student ID number, school you attend, and the name of the exam you wish to cancel.Submit AP® Exam Deposit