Registration Deadline: October 30, 2020
Exam Fees: $95
How do I place an AP® exam order?
STEP 1: Activate your exam – Log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org using your College Board profile and apply the ‘Join Code’ (access code) you receive from your teacher for each of your subjects.
College Board profiles are the same accounts used to order SAT® exams, or to collect prior year PSAT/NMSQT® or AP® Exam scores. Do not create a new account if you already have one (see below for tips.)
Students will obtain a Join Code (access code) from their AP® Course teachers. Join Codes for the MyAP Site are subject, teacher and class period specific.
Once the student has joined the online AP® Class group, they will be prompted to complete and update the MyAP Registration Profile pages.
ALL students should complete the Join Step to join the online class.
Students choosing to take the optional May 2021 AP® Exam must submit exam fees to complete the exam order.
? Deadline to activate the exam on MyAP is October 30, 2020
STEP 2: Submit exam fees – Click on “Submit fees for AP® Exams” below and submit your fees.
Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form.
Postmark deadline for mail in payments is October 26, 2020 to ensure timely processing.
? Deadline to Submit AP® Exam fees is October 30, 2020
? Both Step 1 and 2 must be completed to submit the exam order successfully. Failure to complete both steps 1 and 2 means the AP® Coordinator for your school cannot submit an exam order as initiated with College Board.
Why do I need to activate an exam on The College Board MyAP System?
The College Board MyAP system provides students a variety of excellent, College Board vetted FREE resources to apply to their AP Course and AP® exam preparation. In addition, students will now JOIN the AP ®Group and complete the Registration Profile section on the MyAP website to enable custom printing of AP® exam barcode labels for each student for exam day. No more pre-administration!
Tips for setting up your College Board Profile on MyAP:
– Use an email address that you will have access to throughout high school AND university
– Make sure to enter your COMPLETE legal name to prevent issues with sending score reports to colleges and universities. Double check that it’s YOUR name on the account – it may sound silly, but out of habit a parent may have entered their own name, or even autofill may have entered a name for you that is not correct and will delay your score reporting to Colleges and Universities.
– Enter your school Student ID Number to enable accurate exam day attendance reporting
– Send Scores: Each student is eligible for a free score report sent by College Board to the College/University of their choosing (applicable mostly to seniors.) To claim your Free Score Report, navigate to your MyAP Registration Profile and then to “Score Send.” Enter the name of the college or university to receive your scores before June 15 to claim your free score report.
I can’t access my College Board Profile account or am not sure I have one. What do I do?
The College Board Profile is the same account used to access your past years’ AP® scores, PSAT® scores, and SAT® scores. Do not create a new one! Each student should have only ONE unique account. If you are unable to access the account, try using the ‘Forget Password?’ link on http://myap.collegeboard.org OR email email@example.com OR call 888-225-5427 for assistance.
Where do I get the Join Code to complete the join step on the MyAP site?
Join Codes are subject, teacher, and period specific. They will be distributed by your teachers in class, please see your teacher if you were absent.
If you are registering for a requested exam (one not offered as a course at your school), you will receive a special Exam Only code from Ms. Barr, the AP Coordinator.
What if I miss the October deadline to submit fees?
It is CRUCIAL to meet the deadline.
How do I submit the exam fees?
Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online deposit form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline for to ensure timely mail in deposit processing is October 26, 2020.
Can I cancel my exam?
Students who submit a cancellation request by 11:59pm EST on May 14, 2021 will receive a full refund. To cancel email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student name, name of the school and the title of the exam to cancel.
Can I change when I take the exam?
Exam times are set by The College Board. Note that AP® Exams must be taken only at the times established by The College Board. Exams administered by Warren Hills HS will be at the following dates and times set by The College Board, see the calendar at the link below.
Is there financial aid available for the 2021 AP® exams?
Fee reductions sponsored by the College Board are available to families who qualify. Contact Ms. Christal Barr (AP® Coordinator) for an application to see if you qualify as well as instructions to register via the online system. (email@example.com) Eligible students will receive a fee reduction code to enter into the online payment form. This code will reduce the cost of the exams automatically. All code usage will be verified. Students who qualify for a fee reduction must still complete BOTH exam activation steps.
What if I get sick and can’t make the exam?
There are provisions for students who become sick or injured during or right before testing. In case of such an emergency, please contact your AP® Coordinator at your school IMMEDIATELY. A doctor’s note may be required. IMMEDIATE contact – if ill on the day of the scheduled exam – is crucial due to the deadlines involved in ordering make up materials.
How do I know where to report for the exam?
Exam day details will be communicated by the school closer to the exam administration.
General information to be aware of include:
- Students must report no later than 7:30 am for a morning exam and 11:30 for an afternoon exam. Students will need to provide their own transportation to and from our testing location. Students do not need to report to the high school before or after their exam.
- Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not permitted to leave an exam room early.
What may I bring into the exam room?
Please see the detailed Exam Site Security Regulations.
How do I access my exam scores?
Students will log into their College Board profiles via http://apscore.org to retrieve their exam scores. Scores are released in early July each year. Students will need access to their College Board profile and their AP ID number – the AP ID number can be found on the MyAP Profile in MyAP.
- AP® Exam Calendar
- AP® Exam FAQs
- Letter to Parents from WHRHS AP® Coordinator
- AP® Exam Test Site Security Regulations
- Submit AP® Exam Fees
Need assistance? Please call 1-855-663-8348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org