Families and students enrolled at Volcano Vista High School can register here for the 2023 PSAT/NMSQT® exam to be administered during school hours.
Exam Date: October 4, 2023
Registration Deadline: August 25, 2023
Please read through the information below and then click on Order the PSAT® Exam to submit an order.
1. Registration & Fees
Students enrolled in grade 11 may register for the 2023 DIGITAL PSAT/NMSQT® exam between August 7, 2023 and August 25, 2023.
The cost for each exam is $18.
Late registrations will not be accepted.
Payment can be submitted by completing the online order form at the link below. The form accepts payment via credit or debit card OR by mailing in a check or money order. (Postmark deadline for mail in orders is August 21, 2023 to ensure timely processing.) A 3.1% online payment fee is added to payments that are submitted with a debit or credit card. Payment options and instructions/details are included in the order form and order summary email.
2. Why take the PSAT/NMSQT®
11th grade students take the PSAT® for a variety of reasons: 1) it gives the most up-to-date picture of where you are likely to score on the actual SAT®. This will assist you in determining where you wish to spend your time and effort in preparing for the SAT® exam. 2) As a junior, you are entered as a part of the National Merit Scholar Qualifying Test (NMSQT®), a competition that awards some top scoring students across the nation with scholarships. 3) Another chance at a practice exam is always a good idea. This will help you to get a feel for the actual exam, which helps to reduce testing anxiety. This exam is valuable test-testing experience open to all 11th grade students, but it is not a required exam.
3. Can I cancel my exam and receive a refund?
Yes, the exam is an optional exam. However, cancellation deadlines apply. Students who submit a cancellation request to the APTS Cancellation Desk before 11:59pm PST on September 22, 2023 will be eligible for a refund of $15. To submit the request, email email@example.com and include your student’s name, name of the school, and the title of the exam to cancel.
4. Are there fee reductions or assistance available for this exam?
The College Board offers fee waivers to qualifying students. To request application information email PSAT Coordinator, Ms. Lisa Salazar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Approved students will be provided with a fee reduction code to apply to the online order form.
5. How do I prepare for the exam and exam day?
See below information on how to prepare yourself as well as your school-issued Chromebook for the digital exam.
For questions or assistance, please email email@example.com
How do I prepare for the exam?
The College Board offers detailed information as well as preparation tools developed in partnership with The Khan Academy. To access these tools via The College Board’s PSAT/NMSQT® informational page, click here.
What do I need to know about the test day?
Exam day specifics and reporting information will be communicated by your campus closer to the test date. Please plan for the following:
- ALL students taking the exam must have a CURRENT school- or government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license or school ID.)
- Students must bring their approved digital device in a fully-charged state to the exam (we recommend to bring a charge cord as well!)
- Restart the device before exam day so that the exam app “Bluebook” is the most current version.
- Students must know what their College Board account/profile log in credentials are – this is the same account you would use to log into MyAP for AP Classes/exams as well as the same account used for SAT exam orders on http://collegeboard.org
- If a student is not sure how to log into their College Board accounts, or need to create one, please visit the College Board Accounts page at https://account.collegeboard.org/
- Students must know the log in credentials and check that they are correct BEFORE exam day since contacting College Board on exam day will not be feasible due to time constraints.
- Do NOT create a new account or profile if you’re struggling to log into your previously created account! All exam scores and information must be on the same account.
- Students may also bring water and a snack
- Review the College Board digital exam requirements for exam day (what you may and may not bring): https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt/taking-the-test/what-to-bring-leave/what-to-bring
- The “BlueBook” app has a built-in calculator, but it is recommended that students bring their own external calculator. One will not be provided.
When and how are scores for the exam released?
Exam scores are typically released in November and December via The College Board’s online portal.
When PSAT/NMSQT® scores are ready online, the student will receive from College Board an email with instructions to go to the online score report, and how to use the access code to view scores. Please visit College Board’s website for detailed information on how to access PSAT/NMSQT® scores.