Students enrolled at Volcano Vista High School, can register here for the 2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
Please read carefully through all information below.
Registration Deadline: October 30, 2022*
PROCEDURES AND DEADLINES:
Step 1 – Activate the exam on the MyAP System: Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on MyAP (http://myap.collegeboard.org) regardless of whether or not they will be taking the AP®Exam! This site will provide students with class AND exam preparation resources. To access the site, create or use a College Board account and use the Join Codes provided by your teacher to add the exam/class to your profile. Deadline to activate the exam is October 30, 2022*. (See FAQs for more information.)
Step 2 – Submit Exam Fees: Students choosing to take the optional exams must submit their AP® Exam fees by October 30, 2022* by clicking the link below.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance. Registration for the May 2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams opens on September 6, 2022 and closes at midnight on October 30, 2022.*
2. ALL students must join the College Board MyAP online AP Course on http://myap.collegeboard.org using their College Board profile accounts and a teacher specific JOIN CODE, regardless of whether or not they are taking the exam. Those choosing to take the optional exam must then log in and complete or update the online MyAP Registration Profile AND activate their exams by clicking on “Register for Exam” for each of the tests they will be taking. Deadline to activate the exam on the MyAP site is October 30, 2022.*
3. The cost of each 2023 AP® exam is $97. Please read through the information below and then click on the link below to submit fees.
All students wanting to take the exam must complete the online payment form, which accepts credit card or debit card payments as well as mail in payments. Online payments will be charged a 3.1% credit card fee. To submit an order using a check or money order, please complete the order form online and follow the directions to mail in your order form to the address on your order summary email. Postmark deadline to mail in payment and ensure timely processing is October 25, 2022.
⇒ Without exam activation AND a fee submission by the deadline, no exam order will be submitted to the College Board.
4. Late Payment Submission for exams opens on October 31 and runs until November 4, 2022. A late fee of $40 will be added to each exam during late registration – Making the cost $137 per exam. After November 4, 2022 no exam orders will be accepted.*
5. Students who are enrolled in the Free or Reduced Lunch Program qualify for a fee reduction. Please email Ms. Salazar at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a Fee Reduction Discount Code. Once you have the discount code, you can complete your online payment form on this website. Where prompted, enter the code to reduce the exam price appropriately. The balance due can then be paid online or by mailing in a check.
***Due to the nature of the College Board’s AP Exam cancellation policy, all students eligible for a fee reduction are required to pay a $43 deposit by the exam ordering deadline to ensure a complete order. Once the student is confirmed to have taken the May 2023 exam, a partial refund of $40 will be issued to the original method of payment. Refunds will be issued in June and July.
6. Exam Day details will be communicated to examinees closer to testing. But please note these general items:
- Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 AM. Please arrive at the Lecture Hall for a morning exam at 7:15 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:45 AM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early. Morning exams may also interfere with lunch; students should be prepared and bring their own lunch just in case. Students who are taking an afternoon exam should make arrangements for transportation as they will not be dismissed in time to make it to the bus and cannot leave the exam early.
- Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see the College Board AP® Calculator Policy for approved types) with fresh batteries.
- Cell phones, iPods, smart watches, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
7. Refund Policy: Students may request a cancellation through April 3, 2023 and receive a refund of $57 per exam for an full price exams. (Fee reduction students will not be eligible for a refund.) To cancel an exam, email the APTS Cancellation Desk before 11:59pm PST on April 3, 2023 at email@example.com and include: Student name, name of the school of attendance, title of the exam to cancel. Credit/debit card processing fees are non-refundable.
8. AP® Credit Policy Information for Colleges/Universities – Visit this site to look up the colleges/universities you are interested in attending and find out if they accept AP® credit for certain exams. http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/apcreditpolicy/index.jsp
* Students enrolled in the AP® Courses that COMMENCE in the SPRING/Second Semester (i.e. the course does not commence until January 2023) may submit exam fees in the Fall but are not recommended to do so. They will not be able to join the class on MyAP and activate the exam until the course commences. Macroeconomics and US Government and Politics students, and ONLY these students, will be allowed to place exam orders for these subjects without penalty fees between January 18 and February 20, 2023
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org