University Prep AP® Exam Registration 2023
Registration Window: September 1-November 1, 2022
Late Registration Window (with $40 additional payment fee): November 2, 2022 – March 1, 2023.
Read carefully through all the policies and information.
Step 1: Submit Exam Deposit – To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP® exam in the May 2023 AP® Exam administration, a $75 per exam non-refundable deposit is due by November 1, 2022. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 2: Activate Exam on MyAP – Students who successfully submit an exam deposit will receive a “Next Steps” email from APTS that will direct them to log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org using their College Board accounts.
Step 3: Submit Balance of Fees Due: In January, students who committed to an exam by paying the initial deposit will receive an invoice for the balance of $75.00 per exam due via email. Balance due in full by March 1, 2023, for a total payment of $150.
AP® Exam Registration Policies and Details:
- All payments for AP® tests will be done online through APTS by clicking on Submit AP® Exam Deposit
- Payment for exams may be done via credit or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your email confirmation.
- The cost of each exam is $150, and each exam requires a $75 non-refundable deposit at the time of registration in the fall.
- You must pay the full $150 amount by March 1, 2023.
- There is a $40 late fee for registering between November 2, 2022 and March 1, 2023, in addition to the $150 cost of the exam (bringing the total cost of each exam to $190).
- Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please see your counselor for eligibility confirmation and to be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will further reduce the price of the exam in the online registration form.
- Cancellation policy: if you paid in full for the exam (either $150 or $190, depending on when you registered), and cancel prior to May 1, 2023 you will receive a $75 refund.
- If you cancel prior to May 1, 2023 and you paid for just the initial $75 non-refundable deposit, and not the full exam price, you will not receive any refund.
- Cancellations after May 1, 2023 will not receive any refunds. This is because we have already had to secure space and a proctor for your exam.
- To cancel your exam, please contact email@example.com and include your name, our school name (University Prep), and the name of the exam(s) you wish to cancel. Refunds will be made at the completion of the exam period.
- All students who have submitted an exam payment must also complete AP®Exam Registration on the College Board website at https://myap.collegeboard.org by JOINING their AP® exam group. JOIN CODES are emailed by APTS when deposit has been successfully deposited. Deadline to join the class and indicate if you are taking the exam is November 1.
⇒ BOTH payment and registration submission on myap.collegeboard.org are needed for the exam to be ordered.
- Students seeking accommodations must have advanced approval from the College Board. Please talk with Julie Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.