Deposit Deadline: October 15, 2019
Total Exam Fee: $94
NEW PROCEDURES AND DEADLINES FOR 2019-2020:
Step 1: Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on The College Board MyAP site https://myap.collegeboard.org to activate their AP® Exams. This MyAP site will also provide students with class AND exam preparation resources. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See Exam Registration Information below for more details.)
Step 2: To complete the exam activation, submit a $40 per exam non-refundable deposit between August 26 and October 15, 2019. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 3: Starting in late November, families will receive via email a personalized invoice for the balance of exam fees due. Balance due in full by March 1, 2020.Submit deposit for AP® Exams
1. The cost of each AP® exam is $94. If a student is interested in exams not offered on the School’s deposit form payment list, please contact the AP® Coordinator at another local area high school to see if you may test at their school site.
2. To initiate an Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam order a student must submit BOTH a deposit by October 15 AND Join the College Board MyAP AP® Class/Group on http://myap.collegeboard.org Both steps are needed to initiate an active order. Failure to submit the full balance due by March 1, 2020 will result in the exam being cancelled and the non-refundable deposit will be forfeit.
Late registration is possible with a penalty fee of $40 per exam. NO orders will be initiated after March 1, 2020.
3. All deposits must be submitted via the online APTS system. This system accepts credit card payments OR payment via check or money order. To submit an order using check or money order, please complete the deposit form online and follow the directions to mail your order form and payment. Checks should be made payable to APTS. There is no service fee for submitting registration and payment with a check or money order via US mail.
4. Fee reductions sponsored by the College Board are available to families who qualify. The cost of each exam is $53 for students on the Foundation List. Your school AP® Coordinator will be contacting you with a fee reduction code if you qualify. Your deposit due remains $40 per exam, but you will enter this fee reduction code when prompted to your AP® exam deposit form submitted via the APTS website. This will modify your balance due in March.
If you would like to apply for “free and reduced lunch” in order to qualify for a fee reduction, you may pick up the paperwork in the Front Office.
Students who are approved for the Fee Reduction will receive a modified invoice with a personalized balance due. Full payment is due by March 1, 2020.
5. Cancellations: No cancellations or refunds.
6. On the College Board MyAP Site students will be prompted to complete a MyAP Registration Page. Information from this page will be used to pre-populate the personal information on the student’s physical exam materials. Please make sure the information entered on the MyAP registration page is your complete legal name, an email address that you check frequently and will have access to after high school, and be sure to enter in your UHS Student ID. The information on your MyAP registration page must be consistent with what you provide on your APTS Deposit Form.
7.. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:45 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:30 p.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your college professors of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
8. Information regarding testing rooms and locations will be released closer to the exam administration.
9. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP® Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.Submit deposit for AP® Exams