NEW Registration Deadlines and Steps:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students log into their AP® Exam Groups on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to join the online AP® Exam group. (See FAQs for more information and details.) Deadline to activate is November 1, 2019.*
Step 2: Fee Submission – Click on Submit AP® Exam Payment and complete the online payment form to submit fees. All students complete the online payment form, regardless of method of payment. Deadline is November 1, 2019.*
Registration Regulations and Information:
1.The students should consult with their AP® teachers about registering for the AP® Exams.
2. Exam registration for 2020 exams requires two steps: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees.
3. To Activate an Exam on the College Board MyAP site students log into their College Board profile accounts via http://myap.collegeboard.org
College Board Profile accounts are the same accounts used to order SAT exams or to collect prior year PSAT or AP exam scores. Students who have never taken one of those exams should create a new profile.
Once logged into MyAP, students will JOIN the AP Class with a teacher and subject specific Join Code (Access Code.) Student can obtain the Join Codes from their Teachers.
Students will then be prompted to complete the online registration profile in MyAP.
ALL students should complete the Join Step to become part of the online AP Class community and access free College Board course resources, regardless of whether they are taking the exam.
Deadline to activate the exam on MyAP is November 1, 2019.
*Students enrolled in Spring AP® Microeconomics will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams when the course commences in the Spring and submit fees between February 3, 2020 and March 10, 2020 for no penalty.
4. The cost of each AP® Exam is $94.00 each.
All exams must be online APTS system, which accepts credit card and debit card payments. A 3% online payment fee will be added to the total. This fee covers the additional charges by third-party processors and is not collected by The Heights School. If you do not wish to use the online payment option, you may mail in check or money order payment to APTS. Mail in payment must be postmarked by October 28 , 2019 to ensure timely processing. Instructions regarding the mailing in of the check or money order payment will be emailed to the parent email address provided on the registration form upon completion of the form.
Late registration for courses that commence in the Fall will be possible from November 2 through March 10 with a penalty fee of $40 per exam.
5. Students who fail to complete BOTH the exam activation step and the fee submission by the deadline will not have a fully complete exam order and no order will be submitted for them to College Board. BOTH activation and fee submission is required.
6. A calendar of scheduled dates is posted at the link below. Check-in for morning exams will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m., and the afternoon exams at 12:00 p.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check-in is completed. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately three hours. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® Exam early.
7. Refunds/Cancellation: Students who submit a cancellation request by 11:59pm EST on November 1, 2019 will receive a full refund. Students who submit a cancellation request after November 1 and before 11:59pm EST on March 10, 2020, will receive a partial refund. A $40 unused exam fee will be forfeited. Exams cancelled after March 10 or examinees who no show on exam day are not eligible for a refund. To cancel email email@example.com and include the student name, name of the school and the title of the exam to cancel.
*Students enrolled in Spring AP® Microeconomics will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams when the course commences in the Spring. These students and only these students may delay exam fee submission until February 3, 2020 and March 10, 2020 for no penalty.
If you need assistance, please contact APTS at firstname.lastname@example.org