Exam Fee Submission Deadline: February 1, 2021
How do I order an exam?
Step 1: Activate your Exam on MyAP – You did this step already in your AP® course with your teacher when you joined your MyAP account to the MyAP AP classroom on http://myap.collegeboard.org
- If you have not completed your MyAP Account activation, see the details below under “What if I still need to activate my exam on MyAP?”
Step 2: Submit exam fees –
- To submit exam fees, click on the ‘Submit AP® Exam Fees’ button on the link below and complete the payment form.
- Exam fees are due paid in full by February 1, 2021.
- Exam fees can be submitted online using a credit or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. Payment instructions are available on the payment form.
- Use of a credit or debit card to complete the online payment form will incur a 3% credit card processing fee. Students may choose to avoid that fee by mailing in a check or money order to the address provided in the invoice instructions. Mail in options should be payable to “APTS.” If you select this option, you must postmark your payment on or before January 27, 2021 to ensure timely processing. Instructions will be provided via email.
⇒ Exams with an outstanding balance of fees as of February 2, 2021 will be cancelled and deactivated in MyAP and not ordered.
⇒ LATE exam activation on MyAP (after November 13, 2020) will incur a penalty fee of $40 per exam.
I can’t access my College Board profile or I can’t remember if I have one. What do I do?
Don’t create a second account!
Each student should have only ONE College Board account during their high school careers which houses AP®, PSAT® and SAT® scores and information. For log in help visit: https://pages.collegeboard.org/account-help or https://myap.collegeboard.org Students may also call College Board AP® Services for Students: 844-314-3632.
What if I still need to activate my exam on MyAP?
- This step already occurred in class in September or October! If you do not have your subject listed on your MyAP account, continue reading.
- To activate an AP® Exam order for the May 2021 exam administration, students will log into or create their College Board profiles via http://myap.collegeboard.org
- Your College Board profile is the same account used to order SAT® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® scores from previous years. If you do not have a profile, you will be able to create an account on http://myap.collegeboard.org
- The MyAP system will prompt students to complete a MyAP Profile – please make sure to enter your full legal name, the correct school of attendance, your student ID number, and an email address able to receive of important alerts from College Board and APTS. (It should be an email address frequently checked and which you can access beyond high school.)
- Both returning and new users will be prompted to go through MyAP Registration pages on the MyAP website, see below for tips of what information to provide or update
- To link their exam subject to their profiles, students received from each of their AP® teachers a Join Code (or access code). Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Students will JOIN their AP® classes at the start of the year with this join code.
- Each AP® Course teacher will provide you with a Join Code (or access code) to apply to your account during the Join Days. These Join Codes link each specific subject to your account.
- You must JOIN your AP® class on MyAP to have an active exam.
- Exams activated on MyAP after November 13, 2020 will incur a $40 late activation fee. No exam status changes will be possible after March 10, 2021.
- An active exam will show a message saying “Registered for exam” on your MyAP Dashboard:
What information should I complete on my College Board profile?
The MyAP System will prompt you to complete the Registration screens if you are creating a new account. (If you have an account already, make sure to check through the MyAP Profile pages.)
Make sure that you enter your FULL legal name (should match your school records), your school student ID number, and also the name of your school. The email address on your profile should be one that is checked frequently and will be accessible after high school. The email will be a crucial account identifier as well as where you will receive alerts from College Board and APTS.
On your College Board MyAP Profile you will also be prompted to complete the “Send Score” feature – on this screen you will submit the name of the college/university where you would like your free exam score report sent in July. Deadline to indicate the name of the school and qualify for a free report, is June 15, 2021.
Is there financial aid available for the 2021 AP® exams?
Students who are approved for Free-Reduced Lunch program support automatically receive a reduction on their AP® Exams. Students who have not been approved for Free-Reduced Lunch but are experiencing financial hardship, may apply for a fee reduction on their AP® Exams by submitting a letter of financial need to Tennyson HS AP® Coordinator, Aimee Malcolm at Amalcolm@husd.us. Requests for reductions must be submitted no later than January 27, 2021.
Can I change when I take the exam?
Exam times are set by The College Board. Note that AP® Exams must be taken only at the times established by The College Board. Click the calendar link below.
What may I bring with me to the exam room?
Students MUST bring their student ID, pencils, pens in blue or black ink, and a calculator (if applicable).
Students may NOT bring iPod, iPads, Smartwatches or MP3 or highlighters into the exam room. Cell phones and electronic communication device, backpacks and bags, including purses, should be left at home.
How do I access my exam scores?
Students will be able to log into apscore.org starting in early July after the May exam administration. Students will log in using the same College Board profile account information as they used on the MyAP site. Scores collection will require active log in as well as the student’s AP® ID number – which is accessible in their MyAP accounts or on the label sheets that they will be allowed to retain at the completion of their last AP® exam of each year. AP ® ID numbers are assigned one time, and will be the same from year to year.
Any other assistance needed? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-663-8348