On October 19, Summer Creek HS will be administering the PSAT® to all Freshmen, the PSAT/NMSQT® to all Sophomores, and offering the PSAT/NMSQT® for Juniors and Seniors interested in sitting for this exam.
Deadline to register: September 25, 2016 (midnight CST)
Testing and Preparatory Opportunities for October 19th:
PSAT 9 for 9th Graders: All 9th graders will be taking the PSAT® 9 at no cost. This exam helps students prepare for taking the PSAT/NMSQT® (known also just as the PSAT®) and provides them with valuable diagnostic information.
PSAT/NMSQT®– Sophomores: All Sophomores will take the PSAT® at no cost. This helps students prepare for the PSAT® their Junior year in which they can compete for recognition and scholarships through the National Merit Scholarship Corporation. Sophomores do not need to register since they are automatically all registered.
PSAT/NMSQT® – Juniors: It is strongly recommended that Juniors take the PSAT®. Grade 11 PSAT® participants are able to qualify and compete for recognition and scholarships through the National Merit Scholarship Corporation. The PSAT® also provides juniors with another opportunity to practice the SAT® before they take it as recommended in the spring. Click here to register.
All other students need to listen for announcements and check on the Summer Creek school website for more information.
Only Juniors need to register for the PSAT/NMSQT® that will be given on Wednesday, October 19th. Freshmen and sophomores do not need to register for the PSAT®. All 9th and 10th graders are automatically registered by the Assessment Coordinator.
Payment: Payment is only accepted through the APTS online registration system.
Testing Fee Information:
- $15 – Juniors
- Free – Sophomores
- Free- Juniors on Free or Reduced Lunch
- Free – Junior AVID Students
1. The PSAT® examination must be paid for and ordered in advance. REGISTRATION FOR THE OCTOBER 19 PSAT® TEST RUNS UNTIL SEPTEMBER 25 AND IS $15 PER EXAM. ONLY Juniors and Seniors MUST register for their chosen activity on October 19. Freshman and Sophomores do NOT register. Registration must be completed online.
2. All exams must be pre-paid and pre-ordered via the online system, which accepts credit card payments. To submit an order using check or money order, please complete the order online and follow the directions to mail your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation ticket.
3. Fee reductions sponsored by the College Board and the State of Texas are available to families who qualify. All students currently enrolled in free or reduced lunch will qualify for a fee reduction on the PSAT® test and the SAT® Prep workshop. If you are currently enrolled in free or reduced lunch, please see your Counselor or Sarah Henley (281-641-5629) for a discount code BEFORE you register online. Without this code, the online registration system will require you to pay full price for your exam(s). You must register before the closing of registration (September 25, 2015).
All students that registered using the fee reduction code will be verified by APTS and Sarah Henley. If an unauthorized student registers with a discount code, that student will not have their PSAT® exam ordered until they pay the full price. Only register with a discount code if you have been authorized by your counselor or Sarah Henley.
5. Information regarding testing rooms and locations will be released closer to the exam administration.
6. Homeschooled Grade 9 students who wish to take the PSAT® 9 Exam can register for this exam by clicking HERE. Exam fees for Grade 9 homeschooled students is $7.25.
There will be no refunds issued for PSAT® testing.
Students who miss the PSAT® test will not receive a refund. Juniors that miss the test will need to contact College Board for information about how they can still participate in National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
Only Juniors need to register for the PSAT® that will be given on Wednesday, October 19th. Freshmen and sophomores do not need to register for the PSAT®. All freshmen and sophomores are automatically registered by the Assessment Coordinator.