Families and students enrolled at Serra High School, can register here for the 2021 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
Registration Deadlines and Steps:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students log into their AP® Exam Groups on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to join the online AP® Exam group. (See FAQs for more information and details.) See Deadlines Below.
Step 2: Fee Submission – Click on Submit AP® Exam Payment below and complete the online payment form to submit fees. All students complete the online payment form, regardless of method of payment. See Deadlines Below.
General Policies and Information:
1. Students should consult with their AP® teachers about registering for the AP® Exams.
2. Exam registration for 2021 exams requires two steps by the applicable deadline: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees.
3. Deadlines to submit your exam registration are based on the commencement date of your course. (For example, if your course commenced in Spring Semester, Quarter 3, you will need to meet the February deadline.)
Course Commencement Date
Exam Registration Opening Date
Exam Registration and Payment Deadline
Fall - Quarter 1/2
September 23, 2020
November 8, 2020
Spring - Quarter 3/4
January 25, 2021
February 28, 2021
Students who are enrolled in courses that commence in Quarter 3 may submit fees during Quarter 1 but it is not required nor recommended since certain fees are non-refundable.
4. To Activate an Exam on the College Board MyAP site students log into their College Board profile accounts via http://myap.collegeboard.org
College Board Profile accounts are the same accounts used to order SAT exams or to collect prior year PSAT or AP exam scores. Students who have never taken one of those exams should create a new profile.
Once logged into MyAP, students will JOIN the AP Class with a teacher and subject specific Join Code (Access Code.) Student can obtain the Join Codes from their Teachers.
Students will then be prompted to complete the online registration profile in MyAP.
ALL students should complete the Join Step by the applicable deadline to become part of the online AP Class community and access free College Board course resources, regardless of whether they are taking the exam.
5. Exam Fees: The cost of each AP® Exam is $95.00 each.
All exams must be ordered online through the APTS system, which accepts credit card and debit card payments. A 3% online payment fee will be added to the total. This fee covers the additional charges by third-party processors and is not collected by Serra High School. If you do not wish to use the online payment option, you may mail in check or money order payment to APTS. Mail in payment must be postmarked by November 2, 2020 to ensure timely processing for the Quarter deadline. Instructions regarding the mailing in of the check or money order payment will be emailed to the parent email address provided on the registration form upon completion of the form.
Late registration is not possible.
6. Students who fail to complete BOTH the exam activation step and the fee submission by the deadline will not have a fully complete exam order and no order will be submitted for them to College Board. BOTH activation and fee submission is required.
7. Refunds/Cancellation: Refunds and cancellations are not possible for Serra HS Examinees.
8. Fee reductions are available to students who are currently on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program. If you are currently on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program, the fee is $5 per test. In order to register for AP® tests at the reduced price, please complete the application available at the link below and submit it to Ms. Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 2. If your application is approved, you will receive a Fee Reduction Code. Once you receive your code you will be able to register on the APTS payment website at the reduced amount. Code usage is verified with APTS.
9. Information regarding exam day details and locations will be communicated to examinees closer to the actual exam administration date. General Information to be aware of: Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:45 a.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com