Advanced Placement Exams 2016
Information for Students and Parents of SDHS School of Science and Technology
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR AP® EXAMS
EXAM DATES: May 2-6 and May 9-13
- Morning exam: ARRIVE at 7:30 am; administration begins PROMPTLY at 7:45am
- Afternoon exam: ARRIVE at 11:30am; administration begins PROMPTLY at 11:45pm
Exams should conclude at approximately 11:30 (morning session) and 3:30 (afternoon session). Students must stay until the exam is concluded.
LOCATION: TBA. Check the SciTech website.
LUNCH: Bring or buy your lunch in the cafeteria if you have 2 exams in one day.
ABSENCES: You are expected to be at all AP® exams for which you have paid your fees If you miss the exam, you will NOT have an opportunity to make it up, as SciTech is not giving make up exams.
BEHAVIOR: Students are expected to continue to exhibit exemplary behavior during the exams. Failure to follow all school and AP® rules during the exam and during the break may result in dismissal from the testing site and invalidation of your exam.
BRING TO EXAM:
2 zip lock bags – filled with the following items:
ZipLock Bag 1:
- Your Student ID with AP® Label sticker on the back!
- Several #2 sharpened pencils with erasers.
- Black or dark-blue ball point pens for free response
- Calculators for Calculus AB, BC, Chemistry, Physics, and Statistics examinations using the calculator guidelines at http://www.collegeboard.com/ap/calculators. Students may bring 2 calculators, but are not allowed to share.
- Ruler or straightedge ( for the Physics exams only)
Ziplock Bag 2:
- Snack, drink
- Sweater or jacket in case of varying room temperature
DO NOT BRING: Cell phones, SmartWatches, PDA’s, other electronic devices or scratch paper. Your teacher will hold all personal items in their room during testing.
College Board prohibits bringing cell phones or any electronic device into the testing room, having them on your person, or using them during the break. If a student uses any of these items in the testing room or during the break, they will be confiscated and the student dismissed from testing.