Students and families enrolled in Rancho Bernardo HS (Poway USD, CA), can submit payment here for the 2022-2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams to be administered in May 2023.
Deadlines and Procedures to place an AP® Exam Order:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to activate the exam order and complete the process. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Students join the AP Class with a Join Code (access code) which activates the exam. See deadlines below based on course commencement date.
Step 2: Submit Exam Fees for courses that commence in Quarter 1– To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP® exam in the May 2022 AP® Exam administration, submit exam fees by November 4, 2022 via the link below.
General Policies and Information:
1. AP® Exams are optional exams at Rancho Bernardo High School that correspond to AP® courses. Students choosing to sit for the 2023 AP® Exams must adhere to the following deadlines for 2022-2023 that are based on the course’s start date:
Course Commencement Date
Exam Registration Opening Date
Exam Registration Deadline
LATE Exam Registration Deadline (Penalty fees apply)
September 1, 2021
October 29, 2021
March 4, 2022
January 18, 2022
March 4, 2022
March 4, 2022
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $110 each.
Payments for exams may be submitted by credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3.1% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online payment form. FALL Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in payment processing is October 31, 2022 and February 27, 2023 for the Spring.
3. Fee reduction/assistance: Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please submit the Fee Reduction Application Form (Linked here) to Ms. Curry in the Rancho Bernardo HS Counseling Office. Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will reduce the cost of the exam(s) to the appropriate amount on the online payment form. Application forms for fee reductions must be submitted no later than October 28, 2022 to guarantee processing before the Fall deadline. (Students who were approved for a fee reduction in the Fall do not need to apply again, but should contact Ms. Curry again in the Spring for the Spring code to apply to Spring orders.)
4. Late payment submission and registration will incur a late ordering penalty fee of $40 per exam.
Late registration for courses that commenced in August/September will open on November 5 and will run until March 3, 2022.
Due to the Spring timeline, there is no late registration for Quarter 2-3 courses. Registration for courses that start Oct/Nov/January runs from January 17- March 3, 2023.
No exam orders will be able to be accepted after March 3, 2023.
There will be no waiting lists or stand-by testing.
5. Homeschooled or Independent student: Please contact the school site AP® Coordinator, Ms. Curry, to request permission. Approval will be based on space availability. Additional fees may apply. Approval is required.
6. To complete an AP® Exam order successfully, students MUST submit an exam fee payment AND complete the activation step on MyAP for EACH exam. Without completion of BOTH steps, the AP® Exam order cannot be submitted to College Board. Failure to activate the exam on MyAP by the applicable deadline will result in the exam order that was initiated to be cancelled and fees refunded. See the FAQ section for more information about the MyAP Activation process.
7. Exam Locations: Exam Locations will be announced closer to the exam date,.
8. Cancellations: Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel before April 28, 2023 will be eligible for a partial refund of $65 per exam (a $40 cancellation penalty fee will be charged by College Board for exams cancelled after the applicable term deadline). To cancel your exam, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59pm PST on April 28, 2023 and include your name, name of your school (including city and state), and name of the exam you would like to cancel. Credit card fees are non-refundable. Exams cancelled from April 29 onwards as well as no shows on exam day are not eligible for any refund and forfeit their fees.
No exchange or re-selling of tests.
9. Testing with accommodations: Students who are approved by College Board for testing with accommodations will receive special exam day instructions. To submit an application for approval, please contact the school site AP Coordinator. Deadline to submit a new application to College Board is January 18, 2023.
AP exam program information is available on The College Board site. Students are encouraged to review it at http://collegeboard.org
Assistance needed? Email email@example.com or call 1-855-663-8348