Students enrolled in schools other than Portland Public Schools may register here for AP® exams.
Registration Deadline: November 2, 2020 (midnight PT)
Follow these steps for AP® Exam registration:
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee – a $94 per exam is due to APTS by November 2, 2020 (Click on Submit AP® Exam Fees below.)
Step 2: Activate your AP Exam – Within 24-hrs of receipt of payment, you will be emailed by APTS an “exam only” join code specific to your AP® exam(s). Use this code to add your exam on your MyAP account (https://myap.collegeboard.org) no later than November 2, 2020. The “exam only” codes will be emailed to the STUDENT email address provided on the fee payment form linked below.
Important: You must complete both Steps 1 and 2 by November 2, 2020 for your AP® exam to be ordered.
- 2021 AP® Exam Calendar
- AP® Exam FAQs
- Approximate Length of AP® Exam Times
- Information for Parents and Students from College Board
- Submit AP® Exam Fees
IMPORTANT POLICES AND INFORMATION
- EXAM DATES: May 3-7 and 10-14, 2021
- Morning exam: Doors open at 7:15 AM; Check-in begins at 7:30 AM
- Afternoon exam: Doors open at 11:15 AM; Check in begins at 11:30 AM
Morning exams conclude at approximately 12:00 pm and afternoon exams at 4:00 pm (See approximate length of exam times here). Students are not allowed to leave any AP exam early.
- LOCATION: All AP® Exams will take place at the Portland Expo Center, 2060 N. Marine Drive 97217, except for the AP Chinese exam, which will take place at the main PPS administration building: 501 N. Dixon St. Be sure to allow sufficient time to reach the test site before check-in begins.
If due to COVID 19 concerns exams move to an online format again, you will receive updates via student and parent/guardian emails you provide to this site.
- PARKING: We recommend that students:
- Be dropped off
- Use TriMet public transit: MAX or Bus (https://trimet.org/)
- Carpool – parking is free at the Expo Center
- COSTS: The full cost of each AP®exam is $95. Any exam requested after November 2, 2020 will incur an additional $40 per exam late fee.
- CANCELLATIONS: To cancel an exam before the November 2 deadline, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student’s name, school’s name, and the name of the exam the student wishes to cancel. This year, full refunds will be issued for any cancelled AP® exams.
- Electronic-SIGNATURE: the student and parent/guardian will be asked to provide electronic signatures agreeing to two things:
- The student has permission to travel to/from the off-campus testing site(s).
- You (the student) will adhere to test security regulations as laid out in the guidelines by PPS on this registration site as well as on Information for Parents and Students from College Board
- Accommodations for Students with Disabilities: PPS is unable to provide accommodations for students outside of PPS.
- Please bring the following to your AP®exam: a facemask, a photo ID, two sharpened #2 pencils (not mechanical), erasers, two pens with black or dark blue ink and calculators. See Information for Parents and Students from College Board for approved types of calculators.
- Please bring a snack and water/drink, separate from your purse/backpack, in a clear bag. You will place these items under your chair and may only access them at break time or after the test officially concludes. Water bottles and drinks are not allowed on the exam table.
- ITEMS NOT ALLOWED: Electronic equipment (phones, smartwatches, or wearable technology of any kind, laptops, tablet computers, Bluetooth devices, portable listening or recording devices—MP3 player, iPod®, etc.—cameras or other photographic equipment, devices that can access the internet, separate timers of any type, and any other electronic or communication devices) are prohibited in the exam room and break area. If you bring any of these items to the AP® test site, you will be asked to turn in them in to AP® staff and they will be returned at the end of your testing. Any student found with or using any of these items during testing/breaks may be dismissed from the exam, the device may be confiscated, the student’s score may be canceled, and no retest may be permitted.
- Backpacks/purses: You will NOT have access to these at any time during testing, including at break times.
- Check-in & Departure: Students who arrive after the exam begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Students are not allowed to leave any AP exam early. If you play a sport or have a job, it is your responsibility to inform your coach or employer of your AP® exam obligation. (See approximate length of exam times here)
- EXAM CONFLICTS: Students who would like to register for two exams offered on the same date should contact email@example.com assistance.
- If due to COVID 19 restrictions exams move to an online format again, you will receive updates via your MyAP account, as well as through student and parent/guardian emails you provide to this site.
Contact below for additional information:
AP® Testing Coordinator, PPS