Students and families enrolled in Portledge School can review registration information here for the May 2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams. AP® Exam registration information and policies are posted below.
Exam Activation Deadline: September 16, 2022 at 11:59 P.M. EST.
Exam Fee Payment Deadline: October 28, 2022 at 11:59 P.M. EST.
EXAM REGISTRATION DEADLINES AND PROCEDURES:
Step 1: Activate your Exam on MyAP – Students will activate their AP® Exams on the College Board MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org based on instructions received from their AP® class teacher at school in September or from their Testing Coordinator (if self preparing.). An active College Board profile log in will be needed (see FAQs for more information.) Deadline to Activate exam: September 16, 2022.
Step 2: Submit exam fees – Students will receive from APTS on or around September 20, 2022 at the email address on their College Board profile, their customized and personalized exam fee invoices. Exam fees are due paid in full by October 28, 2022.
1. To activate an AP® Exam order for the May 2023 exam administration, students will log into their College Board profiles via http://myap.collegeboard.org and activate the exam.
To link their exam subject to their profiles, students will receive from each of their AP® teachers instructions and a Join Code (or access code). Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. The deadline for registering in your AP Class and activating the exam on the MyAP site is September 16, 2022. (If you are self-studying for an exam you will need a special Exam Only Join Code- please contact Testing Coordinator Mr. Lameiro for this special access code. Please contact Mr. Lameiro BEFORE the September 16 deadline to add the exam to your MyAP account.)
The MyAP system will prompt students to complete or update a MyAP Profile – please make sure to enter your full legal name, the correct school of attendance, and your email address to enable receipt of important alerts from College Board and APTS. (Use an email address frequently checked! Do not use your school issued Portledge email address, please use your personal email address.)
Please see the FAQs for more information.
2. Payment submission for AP® exams will be done through APTS. On or around September 20, 2022, students with active exam orders will receive a custom and personalized digital invoice via email. Invoices will be emailed to the student email address on the student’s College Board profile.
The fees due can be submitted either by online payment (credit or debit card), or via mailing in a check or money order. Instructions will be provided in the invoice.
Payment is due on October 28, 2022, 11:59 P.M. EST.
Use of a credit or debit card to complete the online payment form will incur a 3.1% credit card processing fee. Students may choose to avoid that fee by mailing in a check or money order to the address provided in the invoice instructions. Mail in options should be payable to “APTS.” If you select this option, you must postmark your payment on or before October 24, 2022 to ensure timely processing.
Unpaid balances as of October 29, 2022 will be levied a $50 per exam late fee. No payments will be accepted after February 24, 2023.
3. The cost per exam is $105. Unpaid balances as of October 29 will be levied a $50 per exam late fee.
4. Students enrolled in AP® courses at The Portledge School are high encouraged to sit for, pay for and take the exam that accompanies the course. Opting out of the exam requires coordinator approval.
5. Students interested in taking AP® exams that are not currently offered as courses at Portledge should contact Mr. Francisco Lameiro (email@example.com)to confirm that there will be space available and that the exam will be offered and to receive the Join Code for the special Exam Only group.
6. Per College Board regulations, students MAY NOT take both the AP® Calculus AB and the AP® Calculus BC exams in the same calendar year.
7. Cancellations/Refunds: Students who decide to cancel an exam before October 28, 2022 would be eligible to have the exam removed from their invoice before paying OR a full refund of the exam fees. Opting out of the exam requires AP Coordinator approval. Please contact Mr. Francisco Lameiro (firstname.lastname@example.org). Students who decide to cancel an exam AFTER October 28, 2022 may do so until February 24, 2023 and will receive a refund of $50 per exam. To cancel, submit a written request before 11:59pm EST on February 24, 2023 to Mr. Lameiro. Refunds will be issued back to the original method of payment.
8. The deadline to submit your request for accommodations, along with any supporting documentation, to Stephanie Heins (email@example.com) is no later than January 10, 2023. If you do not have approval from College Board, you will not be provided accommodations. Please note that if your child has already been approved for accommodations by the College Board during previous testing, there is no need to submit a new request for accommodations. If you wish to check on your accommodations status, please get in touch with Ms. Heins (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please refer to the College Board website for details about documentation requirements: https://www.collegeboard.org/students-with-disabilities/documentation-guidelines
9. Exam day specifics will be communicated by your school closer to the exam administration date.
Questions or need assistance? Please send an email to email@example.com