Exam Activation Deadline: November 1, 2019 at midnight EST.
Exam Fee Payment Deadline: November 14, 2019 at midnight EST.
NEW EXAM REGISTRATION DEADLINES AND PROCEDURES
Step 1: Activate your Exam on MyAP – Students will activate their AP® Exams on the College Board MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org during their AP® class at school. An active College Board profile log in will be needed (see FAQs for more information.) Deadline to Activate exam: November 1, 2019.
Step 2: Submit exam fees – Students will receive from APTS on November 4, 2019 at the email address on their College Board profile, their customized exam fee invoices. Exam fees are due paid in full by November 14, 2019.
1. To activate an AP® Exam order for the May 2020 exam administration, students will log into their College Board profiles via http://myap.collegeboard.org in class.
To link their exam subject to their profiles, students will receive from each of their AP® teachers a Join Code (or access code). Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Deadline to activate your exam on the MyAP site is November 1, 2019.
The MyAP system will prompt students to complete a MyAP Profile – please make sure to enter your full legal name, the correct school of attendance, your student ID number, and your email address to enable receipt of important alerts from College Board and APTS. (Use an email address frequently checked!)
Please see the FAQs for more information.
2. Payment submission for AP® exams will be done online through APTS. Students with active exam orders will receive on November 4, 2019 a custom digital invoice. Invoices will be emailed to the email address on the student’s College Board profile.
The fees due can be submitted either by online payment (credit or debit card), or via mailing in a check or money order. Instructions will be provided in the invoice.
Use of a credit or debit card to complete the online payment form will incur a 3% credit card processing fee. Students may choose to avoid that fee by mailing in a check or money order to the address provided in the invoice instructions. Mail in options should be payable to “APTS.” If you select this option, you must postmark your payment on or before November 4, 2019 to ensure timely processing.
Unpaid balances as of November 15 will be levied a $40 per exam late fee. No payments will be accepted after January 31, 2020.
3. The cost per exam is $96. Unpaid balances as of November 15 will be levied a $40 per exam late fee.
4. Students enrolled in AP® courses at The Portledge School are required to sit for, pay for and take the exam that accompanies the course. No cancellations or refunds are possible for those exams.
5. Students interested in taking AP® exams that are not currently offered as courses at Portledge should see Mr. Anthony Bruno to confirm that there will be space available and that the exam will be offered and to receive the Join Code for the special Exam Only group.
6. Per College Board regulations, students MAY NOT take both the AP® Calculus AB and the AP® Calculus BC exams in the same calendar year.
7. Students enrolled in AP® Physics C should register for the AP® Physics C: Mechanics exam.
8. Payment for exams may be done via credit or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. Directions for payment will be included in the digital invoice sent to the student’s email address.
9. Refunds are possible only for exams for which the student is NOT concurrently enrolled in the class. (If the student is enrolled in the AP® course, they are required to sit for the exam per Portledge regulations.) To cancel a non-required exam, students must email firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, January 31, 2020. Include in the email your name, the name of your school, and the title of the exam you wish to cancel. Your refund will be minus administrative fees of $42.
10. The deadline to submit your request for accommodations, along with any supporting documentation, to Alison Brush no later than January 15, 2020. If you do not have approval from College Board, you will not be provided accommodations. Please refer to the College Board website for details about documentation requirements: https://www.collegeboard.org/students-with-disabilities/documentation-guidelines
11. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:45 a.m. with testing beginning at 8:00 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:45 a.m. and testing will begin at 12:00 p.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® Exam early.
Questions or need assistance? Please send an email to email@example.com