Students and families enrolled in The Portledge School can register here for the 2019 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams. The AP Exam registration information and policies are posted below. Please read through this information carefully before placing your order.
Registration Deadline: March 1, 2019 at midnight EST.
1. All registration for AP exams will be done online through APTS. There is no paper registration.
2. The cost per exam is $96. Registration opens January 14, 2019 and runs through March 1, 2019.
3. Students enrolled in AP courses at Portledge are required to sit for, pay for and take the exam that accompanies the course.
4. Students interested in taking AP exams that are not currently offered as courses at Portledge should see Mr. Anthony Bruno to confirm that there will be space available and that the exam will be offered.
5. Per College Board regulations, students MAY NOT take both the AP Calculus AB and the AP Calculus BC exams in the same calendar year.
6. Students enrolled in AP Physics C should register for the AP Physics C: Mechanics exam.
7. Payment for exams may be done via credit or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the APTS online registration form and will also be emailed to the parent email address provided.
8. All students registered for AP exams are required to attend a MANDATORY Pre-Administration session to prepare AP Exam physical materials for testing. A date and time will be assigned. (Sessions will likely be mid to late April.)
9. Refunds are possible only for exams for which the student is NOT concurrently enrolled in the class. (If the student is enrolled in the AP course, it is required to sit for the exam per Portledge regulations.) To cancel a non-required exam, students must email firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, March 1, 2019. Include in the email your name, the name of your school, and the title of the exam you wish to cancel. Your refund will be minus administrative fees of $2.35.
10. Application for accommodations takes approximately 7 weeks—your request for accommodations, along with any supporting documentation, must be submitted to Alison Brush no later than February 22 of this year. If you do not have approval from College Board, you will not be provided accommodations. Please refer to the College Board website for details about documentation requirements: https://www.collegeboard.org/students-with-disabilities/documentation-guidelines
11. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:45 a.m. with testing beginning at 8:00 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:45 a.m. and testing will begin at 12:00 p.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP Exam early.
12. Please read the College Board AP Bulletin for Parents and Students
Questions or need assistance? Please send an email to email@example.com