Registration Deadline: March 15, 2019
Exam Fee: $94 per exam
New Deadlines and New Procedures!
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, a $40 per exam non-refundable deposit is due by October 30, 2019. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org and indicate your exam decision. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Deadline to Join and indicate your exam decision is October 30, 2019.
Step 3: Submit balance due – Starting on November 15, students who committed to an exam by paying the deposit will receive a personalized invoice for the balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by February 15, 2020.
General Policies and Information:
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance by submitting a non-refundable deposit of $40. Deposit period for May 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams opens on September 10, 2019 and closes on October 30, 2019. (11:59pm, PST.)
The exam deposit is $40. The full cost of each AP® exam is $94.
2. Students selecting to take an AP® Exam must activate their exam on The College Board’s new MyAP system by October 30, 2019. To activate the exam students must:
– Obtain an AP® Class/Group Join Code from their PLHS AP® subject teacher (Teacher will distribute these codes in class – Codes are like access codes and are teacher, subject and period specific)
– Log into MyAP at http://myap.collegeboard.org with their College Board Profile (See FAQs) and apply the Join Code
3. To initiate an AP® Exam order successfully, students MUST submit a deposit AND complete the Join step on MyAP.
Students who successfully initiated an exam order will begin receiving customized invoices via email on November 30. To complete the exam order process, the balance due must be submitted by February 15, 2020. Any student who has a balance due outstanding by February 16, 2020 will have their exam order de-activated and will forfeit their non-refundable deposit.
4. Deposit and balance due payments for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in deposit processing is October 26, 2019.
*Late registration will be possible from November 5 through March 1, 2020 for a penalty fee of $40 per exam.
5. Fee reductions are available to students who are currently on the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program list. For students in the Federal Free and Reduced lunch program, the fee is $5 per AP® test. In order to register and pay for AP® tests using a fee waiver, please see the counseling secretary or AP® Coordinator Ms. Uribe to obtain your Fee Reduction Code. You MUST have a photo ID to obtain a fee waiver. Once you receive your fee waiver code, you will be able to register on the APTS website for the reduced amount. The deadline to obtain a fee waiver is October 25 by 3 PM. You must then register for your AP® exam(s) with APTS by the October 30 deadline. No refunds are possible for fee reduction priced exams. If a student does not take the exam, a $35 (per exam) administration fee will be charged to the students’ PLHS account.
6. For information regarding testing rooms and locations, please check back on the PLHS website in April.
7. 4. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel by midnight on October 30 will receive a full refund. Students who order and pay for an exam and who submit a cancellation after October 30, 2019 before March 1, 2020 will be eligible for a partial refund – The non-refundable deposit of $40 to cover the cost of the unused exam will be retained for all exams cancelled after October 30, 2019. To cancel an exam, students must submit the cancellation notification before the applicable deadline to email@example.com and include the student’s name, your school’s name, and the name of the exam the student wishes to cancel. Cancellation requests submitted after March 1, 2020 will be considered a courtesy notification to the school and will not be eligible for any refund. No-shows on the day of the exam will not be eligible for any refund. There is no exchanging or re-selling of exams.
8. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP® Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries. Bring a snack and water/drink or lunch if you have 2 tests back to back on the same day. These items will be placed on a table or counter that you may access at break time only or after the test officially concludes.
9. Cell phones, smartwatches, iPads, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
10. Backpacks will be placed outside of the exam room, and you will NOT have access to your backpack at any time during testing including at break times.
11. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or see Ms. Uribe immediately!
Special Note: Per College Board regulations, students may not sit for more than one AP® Calculus exam per calendar year. Select carefully.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com