Advanced Placement Exams 2020
Information for Students and Parents of Patrick Henry High School
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR AP EXAMS
EXAM DATES: May 4-8 and May 11-15 (See calendar below)
- Morning exam: ARRIVE at 7:30am; administration begins PROMPTLY at 7:45am
- Afternoon exam: ARRIVE at 11:30am; administration begins PROMPTLY at 11:45pm
Exams should conclude at approximately 11:30 (morning session) and 3:30 (afternoon session). Students must stay until the exam is concluded.
LOCATION: TBA. Check the PHHS website.
LUNCH: Bring or buy your lunch in the cafeteria if you have 2 exams in one day.
ABSENCES: You are expected to be at all AP® exams for which you have paid your fees If you miss the exam, you will NOT have an opportunity to make it up, as PHHS is not giving make up exams this year.
BEHAVIOR: Students are expected to continue to exhibit exemplary behavior during the exams. Failure to follow all school and AP rules during the exam and during the break may result in dismissal from the testing site and invalidation of your exam.
REMINDER: TO BE ABLE TO COMPLETE A SUCCESSFUL AP EXAM REGISTRATION, YOU ALSO AGREED TO THE TERMS OF THE PHHS AP® STUDENT CONTRACT. (Available here.)
BRING TO EXAM:
- Your 2019-2020 Student ID
- Several #2 sharpened pencils with erasers.
- Black or dark-blue ball point pens for free response
- Calculators for Calculus AB, BC, Chemistry, Physics, and Statistics examinations using the calculator guidelines at www.collegeboard.com/ap/calculators. Students may bring 2 calculators, but are not allowed to share.
- Ruler or straightedge ( for the Physics exams only)
- Liquid, i.e. water, etc. must be in a SEALED bottle.
- Sweater or jacket in case of varying room temperature
DO NOT BRING: Cell phones, SmartWatches, PDA’s, other electronic devices or scratch paper. No books/materials may be brought into testing area.
College Board prohibits bringing cell phones or any electronic device into the testing room, having them on your person, or using them during the break. If a student uses any of these items in the testing room or during the break, they will be confiscated and the student dismissed from testing
Never discuss the multiple choice questions on the AP® exams.
Do not discuss the free response questions for the first 48 hours after the exam.