Students and families enrolled at Paramus Catholic High School can learn here about exam fee submission for the May 2021 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams. The AP® Exam registration information and policies are posted below. Please read through this information carefully.
EXAM REGISTRATION DEADLINES AND PROCEDURES
Step 1: Activate your Exam on MyAP – Students will activate their AP® Exams in the College Board MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org by joining the AP Class using the Join Code. An active College Board profile log in will be needed (see FAQs for more information.) Deadline to join the AP Class on MyAP is September 30, 2020.
Step 2: Submit exam fees – On October 5, 2020, students with an active exam on MyAP will receive from APTS via email their customized exam fee invoices. Exam fees are due paid in full by October 25, 2020.
1. To activate an AP® Exam order for the May 2021 exam administration, students will log into or create their College Board profiles via http://myap.collegeboard.org
To link their exam subject to their profiles, students will receive from each of their AP® teachers a Join Code (or access code). Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Students will JOIN their AP Classes at the start of the year with this join code.
The MyAP system will prompt students to complete a MyAP Profile – please make sure to enter your full legal name, the correct school of attendance, your student ID number, and an email address able to receive of important alerts from College Board and APTS. (It should be an email address frequently checked and which you can access beyond high school.)
Please see the FAQs for more information.
2. Payment submission for AP® exams will be done through APTS. Students with active exam orders will receive on October 5, 2020 a custom digital invoice. Invoices will be emailed to the email address on the student’s College Board profile.
The fees due can be submitted either by online payment (credit or debit card), or via mailing in a check or money order. Instructions will be provided in the invoice. Payment is due by October 25, 2020 at 11:59pm EST.
Use of a credit or debit card to complete the online payment form will incur a 3% credit card processing fee. Students may choose to avoid that fee by mailing in a check or money order to the address provided in the invoice instructions. Mail in options should be payable to “APTS.” If you select this option, you must postmark your payment on or before October 21, 2020 to ensure timely processing.
Any exams with payment outstanding on October 26, 2020 will be deactivated and cancelled in MyAP.
3. The cost per exam is $95 (Capstone Exams are $143.)
4. Students enrolled at Paramus Catholic High School are required to take the AP® Exam that corresponds to their AP® Class. Students who DO NOT complete the AP® Exams associated with their courses will receive the equivalent of Honors weight (+2.5) for those courses instead of the full Advanced Placement weighted average of (+5) applied to their cumulative GPAs.
5. Per College Board regulations: students may not take both the AP® Calculus AB and the AP® Calculus BC exams in the same calendar year. In addition, only students who have completed the AP® Computer Science Principles required in-class assessment due to College Board on April 30 may sit for the May exam.
7. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please contact Director of Guidance, Heidi Godau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Approval for fee reductions will be based on criteria established by the College Board. Students who are approved for the reduced fee rate as per the College Board criteria, will receive an invoice for the modified price per exam.
8. Exam day details will be released by the school when the exam administration dates are closer.
Questions or need assistance? Please call 1-855-663-8348 or send an email to email@example.com