Families and students enrolled at the Academy of Our Lady of Peace may register here for the 2019-2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) exam administration.
Please read all information carefully before making your selections.
New Deadlines and New Procedures!
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – To take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, a $40 per exam deposit is due by October 1, 2019. Click below to submit the deposit.*
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org and indicate your exam decision. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Deadline to Join and indicate your exam decision is October 1, 2019.*
Step 3: Submit balance due – In November, students who successfully completed steps 1 and 2 above will receive a personalized invoice for the applicable balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by January 17, 2020.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must have at minimum a deposit submission and be activated in advance. Deposit submission (registration) runs from September 3, 2019 through October 1, 2019. There is no late registration!
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $98. A $40 deposit is due by October 1, 2019 to initiate the exam order.* Please note: Due to space constraints, only students enrolled in that AP® Class may register for the exam.
3. To activate the exam on the College Board site, students will log into their College Board profile accounts via the MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org – A College Board profile is the same account used to order SAT® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® Exam scores from past years. If a student does not have a profile, they will need to create one. Make sure all the registration and profile pages are complete on MyAP, including: your full legal name (should match school records), your student ID number from OLP, your OLP School Code, and an email address where you can receive important exam day information from APTS and/or the College Board.
Students will need a Join Code (or access code) to connect their profile to their specific AP® subjects. Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Please see your AP® Class teacher to obtain a Join Code before October 1, 2019 and complete the process on MyAP.
See the FAQs for more details.
4. To have a successfully activated exam order, a student must complete both exam activation and deposit submission by the October 1, 2019 deadline. Failure to complete either or both steps will mean that your school’s AP Coordinator will not be able to submit your exam order to the College Board.
Students who have successfully completed steps 1 and 2 listed at the top of this page, will receive in November a custom digital invoice via email. The email will be sent to the parent email address provided on the deposit form. Deadline to submit the balance of fees due is January 17, 2020.
5. Deposit and balance due payments can be submitted online via credit card and debit card payments as well as check payment mailed in. Instructions will be provided at the end of the deposit form as well as on the custom invoice for the balance due that will be emailed.
6. REFUND POLICY: Students who register for an exam but decide to cancel must do so by midnight on October 1, 2019 to receive a full refund. The cancellation notification must be submitted in writing to email@example.com and include the student’s name, the Academy of Our Lady of Peace’s name, and the title of the exam the student wishes to cancel. Any exam cancellation requests submitted after October 1, 2019 and before midnight on January 17, 2020 will receive a partial refund: a $45 unused exam and processing fee will be retained. No exam cancellations or refunds will be processed after January 17, 2020.
6. FEE REDUCTION POLICY: Fee reductions are available to eligible students, but must be applied for by September 27, 2019 to meet the exam activation deadline. To apply for a fee reduction, contact Ms. Flynn for forms and instructions no later than September 27, 2019 (This verification process may take several days.) Students who qualify for a fee reduction will receive a discount code to apply to the online deposit form by October 1. This fee code will automatically adjust the balance due that will be subject to full payment by January 17, 2020.
To review the family income eligibility guidelines set by College Board please click HERE.
7. EXTENDED TIME ELIGIBILITY: Only SAS students who have been previously approved for College Board Special Accommodations may take AP exams with extended time or other accommodations. Please have your SSD number issued by College Board ready to complete your AP registration. Contact Mrs. Hicke if you have lost your SSD number.
8. Special Information regarding AP® Computer Science Principles: Note that per College Board regulations, students who have not submitted the in-course assessment, may NOT sit for the AP® Computer Science Principles exam and will not be eligible for any refund.
9. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
10. Check in for morning exams will begin promptly at 7:30am and 11:30am for afternoon exams. Exams will take approximately 4 hours.
- If you play a spring sport, please notify your coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students will not be allowed to leave the test early.
11. Information regarding AP® Exam testing rooms and locations will be released closer to the May 2020 exam registration.
* Students enrolled in the SPRING semester AP Psychology and AP US Government classes MAY put a deposit down at this time but it is not required. The students in that course which commences in January, and ONLY those students, will be able to submit the $98 exam fee AND activate the exam on MyAP without penalty fees between the start of the course and March 1.
Questions or need assistance? Please contact email@example.com or call 1-855-663-8348.