AP Exam FAQs

Deadline to order an exam: October 10, 2019

What is the deadline to order AP® exams?

Deadline to register for the May 2020 AP Exams at New Milford HS is October 10, 2019.

Late registration is available for a $20 additional fee per exam from October 11 through October 15, 2019. NO orders will be accepted after October 15, 2019.

How do I order AP® exams?

Step 1: Students JOIN their AP® Class accounts on https://myap.collegeboard.org To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. College Board profiles are the same accounts that are used to order SAT® exams, or to retrieve PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® Exam scores from previous years. See below for more information. Students receive the Class join code from their teacher. Deadline to join class: October 10, 2019.

Step 2: Submit your AP® exam Payment before October 10, 2019(midnight EST) by clicking the link below below. You can submit payment using either a credit/debit card OR mail-in a check or money order. Instructions are included at the end of the form based on the payment option that you choose.

⇒ ALL steps above must be completed for an exam order to be considered complete.

Failure to complete the Join Step on MyAP will mean that the school coordinator cannot submit your exam order. Fees will automatically be refunded and no exam ordered.

There is no wait list and no stand-by testing.

Where do I find my Join Code?

Join Codes are issued by your course teacher. They are subject, teacher and New Milford HS class period specific. Please see your teacher ASAP. You must join the MyAP subject group no later than October 10, 2019 to have your exam order active.

What if I can’t log into my College Board profile or can’t remember if I have one?

Students create College Board profiles to access their AP®, PSAT® and SAT® scores or to register for a SAT® Exam. You may already have an account if you have taken any of these exams in the past.

Don’t create a second account!

Each student should have only ONE College Board account during their high school careers which houses AP®, PSAT® and SAT® scores and information. For log in help visit: https://pages.collegeboard.org/account-help or https://myap.collegeboard.org

Students may also call College Board AP® Services for Students: 1-866-630-9305.

Which information should I provide on my College Board MyAP Registration Profile?

Students should use their legal name (to match school records), so that the name will also match the student’s School ID or driver’s license at exam check in. College Board also sends scores electronically to colleges/universities. A discrepancy in name can result in score reporting issues and delays. To update a name or correct a name, contact College Board at 1-866-630-9305.

Students should use an email address that they will have access to BEYOND high school and where they can receive alerts from College Board or APTS. The email address used on the College Board profile should also match the email address on the APTS Payment form to ensure exam order reconciliation.

Students should enter their School ID number to ensure accurate attendance reporting on exam day but also to assist your school in finding and resolving errors on student accounts (such as the use of a nickname instead of a legal name.)

College Board does not collect Social Security numbers, so your account is identified as unique based on your email address, School Student ID number, and name. Be consistent in how you enter information!

Can I change when I take the exam? 

Exam times are set by The College Board.  Note that AP® Exams must be taken only at the times established by The College Board. To view the exam calendar, click HERE.

Is there financial aid available for the 2020 AP® exams?

Please see your school counselor if you need more information. If you are approved, you will receive a fee reduction code to apply to the online payment form.

What if I have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 plan?

The College Board must approve any changes or modifications to the AP exam administration.

Students with a current IEP or 504 plan who wish to receive testing modifications must contact their case manager ASAP to file the appropriate paperwork with College Board to allow testing modifications.

What can I bring with me on exam day?

Please review the Test Day information posted HERE.