Students enrolled at New Braunfels High School (TX), can submit exam fees here for the 2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
Exam Activation and Deposit Submission Deadline: October 28, 2022*
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students JOIN their AP® Class accounts on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org and activate their exam by clicking “Register for Exam.” To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See below and the FAQs for more details.) Deadline to activate the exam is October 28, 2022
Step 2: Submit Exam Fees – Submit exam fees by October 28, 2022.* Click on the link below to submit.
General Policies and Information:
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance. Registration for the 2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) exams administration runs from September 1, 2022 until October 28, 2022 (midnight CST.)*
2. The cost of each AP® exam is $97.
Payments can be submitted online via credit card and debit card payments as well as check payment mailed in. Instructions will be provided at the end of the payment form. A 3.1% credit/debit card processing fee applies to online payments. No additional processing fee applies to mail in payments. Instructions for mail in will be emailed after completion of the payment form. Postmark deadline for timely mail in processing is October 24, 2022.
3. Late registration and ordering will be possible from November 16 through March 3, 2023 for a penalty fee of $40 per exam. No exam orders will be accepted after March 3, 2023
4. To activate the exam on the College Board site, students will log into their College Board profile accounts via the MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org
A College Board profile is the same account used to order last year’s AP® exams, SAT® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® Exam scores from past years. If a student does not have a profile, they will need to create one.
Students will need a Join Code (or access code) to connect their profile to their specific AP® subjects. Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Join Codes will be distributed in class. Once you have joined the class online, click on “Register for Exam” to activate the exam.
Make sure all the registration and profile pages are complete on MyAP, including: your full legal name (should match school records), your student ID number, your school name, and an email address where you can receive important exam day information from APTS and/or the College Board.
See the FAQs for more details.
5. To have a successfully activated exam order, a student must complete both exam activation and fee submission by the deadline. Failure to complete either or both steps will mean that your school’s AP Coordinator will not be able to submit your exam order to the College Board.*
6. Fee reductions are available to qualifying students which reduces the cost of exams significantly. To apply for a fee reduction, see Mr. Cortez for assistance (or email at email@example.com) to obtain a Fee Reduction Discount Code. Once you have the discount code, you can complete your online payment form on this website. The code will reduce your cost to $53 per exam.
7. Refunds/Cancellation: To request a refund, students must email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student name, the school name, and the title of the exam they wish to cancel.
- Refund requests made before October 28, 2022: Students who request a refund before 11:59pm CST on October 28, 2022 will be eligible to receive a full refund of the base exam fees.
- Refund requests made after October 28 and before April 1, 2023: Students who request a refund before 11:59pm CST on April 1, 2023 will be eligible to receive a partial refund of the base exam fees. A $40 College Board cancellation penalty fee will be deducted from exam fee.
- Credit/debit card processing fees are non-refundable.
- No refunds will be given for requests submitted after April 1, 2023 or for exam day no shows.
- To cancel, families email the APTS Cancellation Desk at email@example.com before 11:59pm EST April 1, 2023 and include: student name, name of your school and title of the exam(s) to cancel.
8. The most detailed exam day information will be released to examinees by NBHS closer to the exam administration date. General Exam Day Information: Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:25 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:30 AM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your parents and coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
9. Students receiving accommodations through SPED/504: Please ensure that you have reach out to our campus SSD Coordinator, Renee Kinsey (firstname.lastname@example.org), regarding how to proceed with receiving accommodations through the College Board. Please be advised that there is a lead time upwards of 8 weeks to process these requests. The College Board has a deadline for new applications of January 18, 2023. Do NOT wait until the last minute to request accommodations, as we are not allowed to grant accommodations unless they are approved by College Board.
10. Please be advised that due to the proctor role assignment process, only exams for which courses are offered will be administered. Arrangements to take exams for courses not offered at New Braunfels High School will need to be made at neighboring schools.
*Students enrolled in the AP Microeconomics and AP US Government courses that COMMENCE in the Spring/Second semester will be able to submit a registration and exam fees for the corresponding exams without penalty between January 4, 2023 and March 3, 2023.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com