Students enrolled at New Braunfels High School (TX), can submit exam fees here for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
SPRING Exam Activation and Deposit Submission Deadline: February 14, 2020*
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students JOIN their AP® Class accounts on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org and indicate your exam decision. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See below and the FAQs for more details.) Deadline to Join a class that COMMENCES in the Spring semester is February 14, 2020.*
Step 2: Submit Exam Fees – To register for a May 2020 AP® exam corresponding to the Spring course that you are taking, the $94 exam fee is due by February 14, 2020* Click below to submit the fees.
Step 3: Submit Balance Due – Applicable to students who initiated an order in the Fall: students who successfully completed steps 1 and 2 above will receive a personalized digital invoice for the applicable balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by February 14, 2020. (Dye to the short Spring timeline, students initiating a Spring exam order will submit the full $94 fee at the time of order initiation.)
General Policies and Information:
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance. Registration for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) exams administration runs from September 8, 2019 until October 25, 2019 at midnight CST.*
*Students enrolled in courses that COMMENCE in the SPRING Semester, may submit a deposit in the Fall but it is not required. These students may register without penalty from January 18 through February 14, 2020.
2. The cost of each AP® exam is $94.
3. Late registration for exams corresponding to courses that commenced in the Fall will be possible from January 18 through February 14, 2020 for a penalty fee of $40 per exam.
4. To activate the exam on the College Board site, students will log into their College Board profile accounts via the MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org
A College Board profile is the same account used to order last year’s AP® exams, SAT® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® Exam scores from past years. If a student does not have a profile, they will need to create one.
Students will need a Join Code (or access code) to connect their profile to their specific AP® subjects. Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Join Codes will be distributed in class likely after the add/drop period ends. Once you have joined the class online, your exam is active. (Deadline to activate your Spring exam is February 14, 2020.)
Make sure all the registration and profile pages are complete on MyAP, including: your full legal name (should match school records), your student ID number, your school name, and an email address where you can receive important exam day information from APTS and/or the College Board.
See the FAQs for more details.
5. To have a successfully activated exam order, a student must complete both exam activation and fee submission by the February 14, 2020 deadline*. Failure to complete either or both steps will mean that your school’s AP Coordinator will not be able to submit your exam order to the College Board.*
Students who have successfully completed steps 1 and 2 listed at the top of this page in the Fall, will receive on or around November 15, 2019 a custom digital invoice via email for any applicable balance due. The email will be sent to the parent email address provided on the deposit form. Deadline to submit the balance of fees due is February 14, 2020.
Deposit and balance due payments can be submitted online via credit card and debit card payments as well as check payment mailed in. Instructions will be provided at the end of the deposit form as well as on the custom invoice for the balance due that will be emailed.
Students who initiate an order in the Spring for a course that commences in the Spring OR for a late order will submit fees by February 14, 2020.
6. Fee reductions are available to qualifying students which reduces the cost of exams significantly. To apply for a fee reduction, see Mr. Falcon for assistance and to obtain a Fee Reduction Discount Code. Once you have the discount code, you can complete your online deposit form on this website. You will still submit a $40 exam deposit by October 25, but the Fee Reduction Code will adjust your balance due on the invoice that you will receive in November.
7. Refunds/Cancellation: To request a refund, students must email email@example.com and include the student name, the school name, and the title of the exam they wish to cancel.
- Refund requests made before October 25, 2019: Students who request a refund before 11:59pm CST on October 25, 2019 will be eligible to receive a full refund.
- Refund requests made on or after October 26, 2019 and before April 1, 2020: Students who submit a refund request during this period of time will be eligible for a partial refund. $40 will be retained to cover the cost of the unused exam fee charged by College Board. This also applies to Spring registrations.
- No refunds will be given for requests submitted after April 1, 2020 or for exam day no shows.
REVISED CANCELLATION POLICY AS OF APRIL 9, 2020:
- Due to the extended school closures, students may cancel their AP exam for a refund of the $94 base exam fee. The deadline to cancel an exam and receive the refund is April 30th, 2020.
- Per College Board, if a student cancels and they have been charged the College Board Late Activation Fee ($40) for their original order, that late fee is NOT waived
- Our fee processing service, APTS is providing the cancellation processing and will refund fees right back to the family’s original method of payment within 72-hrs of the cancellation request submission.
- Note that at this time, credit card processing fees are not eligible for a refund (that is the MC/Visa fee)
- To cancel, families email the APTS cancellation desk at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30 and include: student name, name of your school and title of the exam(s) to cancel.
8. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:25 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:30 AM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your parents and coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
*Students enrolled in courses that COMMENCE in the SPRING Semester, may submit a deposit in the Fall but it is not required. These students may register without penalty from January 18 through February 14, 2020. ONLY students enrolled in AP® Psychology, AP® Macroeconomics and AP® US Government that start in the spring will be able to activate their exams during this time without penalty fees.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com