Students and families enrolled at Mullen High School can register here for the 2024 Advanced Placement (AP®) exam administration. Please read carefully through the information below.
EXAM REGISTRATION DEADLINES AND PROCEDURES:
Step 1: Register your Exam on MyAP – Students will activate their AP® Exams on the College Board MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org by August 23, 2023. An active College Board profile log in will be needed (see FAQs for more information.)
Step 2: Submit exam fees – Students will receive from APTS by September 6, 2023 their customized exam fee invoices. Exam fees are due paid in full by September 27, 2023.
ONLINE EXAM REGISTRATION:
- Per school policy, every student currently enrolled in an AP® course is required to take the national AP® exam scheduled in May. Exceptions are only made for S1 AP Human Geography and S1 AP US Government. Everyone taking an AP® exam must register for the exam by August 23, 2023 (see FAQ for more information) and submit fees by September 27, 2023. [Students taking AP Macroeconomics during S2 will be billed in February and do not need to register or pay the AP Macroeconomics Exam Fee at this time.]
- The cost of each AP® exam is $100.
- Late Payment submission (with a penalty of $10 per exam) is open from September 28, through October 5, 2023. No registration is possible after October 5, 2023*.
- To activate the exam, students will log into their College Board Profiles at the College Board MyAP site (http://myap.collegeboard.org) and join the online AP Class with a Join Code (access code) distributed by their Mullen HS AP Class teacher. See FAQs for more information.
- Students will complete the online MyAP Registration Profile on the MyAP website.
- Students will receive from APTS by September 6, 2023 a custom invoice for their applicable exam fees due. The custom invoice will be sent by email to the student’s MULLEN MAIL email address. The invoice will provide a link for payment. Payments can be submitted via a credit card or debit card OR mailing in a check or money order. There is an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. To submit an order using a check or money order, which has no additional fee, please follow the directions included in the invoice. Checks must be postmarked on or before September 22, 2023 to ensure timely processing. Late registration is possible only online.
- If you have received a fee waiver for the SAT®/ACT®/college applications or if you believe that you may be eligible for a fee reduction for the AP exams, please contact Ms. Santillo, AP® Coordinator, in the College Counseling office as soon as possible. Students eligible for a fee reduction will be issued a modified invoice.
STUDENTS RECEIVING EXTENDED TIME:
Only students who have been previously approved for College Board Special Accommodations may take AP® exams with extended time or other accommodations.
EXAM DAY INFORMATION:
- Review the exam calendar at the link below.
- Check-in for morning exams will begin promptly at 7:30 AM.
- Afternoon exam check-in will begin promptly at 11:30 AM.
- Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens.
- Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions.
- Exams will take approximately three to four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
- Most AP exams will be held at All Saints Catholic Church (2559 S. Federal Blvd, Denver, 80219). Students are expected to find their own transportation to and from All Saints Catholic Church.
- You are required to abide by the policies of both the College Board and Mullen High School during the exam period. Any misconduct will be reported and could jeopardize your AP® Exam score.
- Students taking morning exams will be excused from attending their morning classes for that day. Students are expected to return to Mullen for their afternoon classes. Students taking afternoon exams are expected to be in class at Mullen prior to their dismissal to their testing site.
For more information, registration directions or assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Students enrolled in the S2 AP Macroeconomics course will submit exam payment without penalty from February 2, 2024 through February 21, 2024.