Information for Morse High School students and parents
2019 AP® Exam Administration
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR AP® EXAMS
DO NOT BRING: Cell phones, Smartwatches, MP3 players, other electronic devices, or scratch paper to your AP® test(s).
College Board prohibits bringing cell phones or any electronic devices into the testing room, having them on your person, or using them during the break. If a student uses any of these items in the testing room or during the break, they will be confiscated and the student may be dismissed from testing. If a phone rings, vibrates, etc. during the test, it may invalidate EVERYONE’S test in the testing room. Don’t risk it!
- Morning exam: ARRIVE at 7:15 AM; administration begins PROMPTLY at 7:40 AM
- Afternoon exam: ARRIVE at 12 PM; administration begins PROMPTLY at 12:20 PM
Exams should conclude at approximately 11:45 (morning session) and 4:00 (afternoon session). Students must stay until the exam is officially concluded.
LOCATION: TBA, Please check the Morse High School website
LUNCH: If the morning exam does not conclude until after lunch officially ends, the cafeteria will remain open for AP® exam students only. For afternoon exams, students are expected to eat lunch prior to lining up at 12 PM. You may want to bring lunch if you have 2 exams in one day.
ABSENCES: You are expected to be at all AP® exams for which you have paid your fees. If you miss the exam for College Board approved reasons, you may take a late exam at no additional cost. If the reason for your absence is not on the College Board list of approved reasons, you may take a late exam, but you will be assessed a $45 late test fee. Mr. Wegener will be in contact with you to inform you of your late test date and time.
BEHAVIOR: Students are expected to continue to exhibit exemplary behavior during the exams. Failure to follow all school and AP® rules during the exam and during the break may result in dismissal from the testing site and invalidation of your exam.
BRING TO EXAM:
2 zip lock bags with the following items:
Zip Lock Bag 1:
- Your photo ID
- Several #2 sharpened pencils with erasers
- Several black or dark-blue ball point pens for free response
- Calculators for Calculus AB, BC, Chemistry, Physics, and Statistics examinations using the calculator guidelines here. Students may bring 2 calculators, but are not allowed to share calculators during the exam. Make sure your calculator has fresh batteries.
- Ruler or straightedge ( for the Physics exams only)
Zip Lock Bag 2:
- Snack, drink
- Sweater or jacket in case of varying room temperature
Don’t forget to bring a photo ID!