Exam Schedules and Location for 2021
Regularly scheduled Advanced Placement® exams for 2021 begin Monday, May 3 and conclude Friday, May 14.
With the exception of AP® Chinese and Japanese exams that require the use of a computer lab, all other regularly scheduled AP® exams take place at the Alliant Energy Center’s Exhibition Hall at 1919 Alliant Energy Center Way in Madison. Parking is free.
*AP® Chinese and Japanese language exams are only available for enrolled MMSD high school students. Students who register for the AP® Chinese or Japanese language exams will be notified of their exam location by email in early April.
** AP® Computer Science Principles exam is only available for students who are currently enrolled in an accredited AP® CSP course, as half the exam grade is based on in-class work.
What Students Should and Should NOT Bring to the Exams
- Bring a photo ID to the exam. You will not be admitted without one.
- Bring pens and pencils.
- Bring a calculator if the exam requires it.
- Do NOT bring cell phones or any electronic communication devices. You will be expected to turn all such devices in before testing begins.
- For the AP® Calculator Policy please click HERE
- For full details of what students may or may NOT bring to the testing room, please review the AP® Test Site Security Regulations.
- To download a list of items you may and may NOT bring, please click here.
- Water and/or snacks must be removed from back packs and kept under student chairs during testing.
What time do I need to check in?
For morning exams, students should check in by 7:30 a.m. Morning exam pre-administration begins promptly at 7:45 a.m. and testing at 8 a.m. Afternoon exam check in is at 11:30 a.m. Afternoon pre-administration begins promptly at 11:45 a.m. and testing at 12 p.m. (noon.) Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Location details will be available on this website in March or April.