Families and students enrolled at James Madison High School (San Diego, CA), can register here for the 2019 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
Registration Deadline: March 18, 2019 (midnight PST)
Exam Fee: $94 per exam
Please read through the information below and then click on “Order AP® Exams” to submit an order.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be paid for and ordered in advance. REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2019 ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP®) EXAMINATIONS CLOSES ON MARCH 19, 2019 (Midnight PST).
The cost of each AP® exam is $94.
Late registration is not possible. Only students currently enrolled at MHS in grades 10-12 are eligible for registration.
2. All exams must be pre-paid and pre-ordered via the online system, which accepts credit card or debit card. To submit an order using a check or money order, please complete the order form online and follow the directions to mail in your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation email. Families choosing to pay online using a credit or debit card will be assessed a small online service fee. There is no service fee for submitting registration and payment with a check or money order via US mail. Postmark deadline to ensure timely processing of mail in payment submission is March 13.
3. Fee reductions are available to students who qualify based on College Board and Federal Free-Reduced Lunch Program guidelines. To verify whether or not you are eligible for fee reduction, please see Ms. Yesenia Canizalez in Counseling (email@example.com). If you are eligible, you will receive special instructions to register via the online system using a fee reduction code. This code will reduce your price appropriately. The deadline to obtain a fee reduction code is March 13 by 3 PM. You must then register for your AP® exam(s) with APTS by the March 18 deadline.
4. Refunds and cancellations are not possible.
5. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:15 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:20 PM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
7. For information regarding testing rooms and locations, please check back on the MHS website in April.
8. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP® Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
9. Please bring a snack and water/drink or lunch if you have 2 tests back to back on the same day. These items will be placed on a table or counter that you may access at break time only or after the test officially concludes.
10. Cell phones, Smartwatches, Pods, MP3 players, digital watches etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
11. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
12. College Board is extremely strict regarding qualifying for rescheduling an AP® exam to the Late Testing (make-up) window. In addition, the reason for requesting late testing must also meet the California Educational Code regulations for excused absences. In conjunction with College Board regulations, San Diego City Schools approved reasons to reschedule an exam include: extreme illness (hospitalization or medical care, a doctor’s note will be required), bereavement, court appearance, conflict with another AP® exam, or a school sponsored sport or academic event. Additional fees may apply and documentation may be required. Students are NOT eligible for Late Testing for reasons such as: family trips, conflict with an in-class exam/activity, or having selected the incorrect AP® exam subject when you submitted your order. Contact your site AP® Coordinator for more information – deadlines for ordering the alternate exam materials apply and vary per subject.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com