Families and students enrolled at James Madison High School (San Diego, CA), can register here for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
Registration Deadline: October 16, 2019 (midnight PST)
Exam Fee: $94 per exam
New Deadlines and New Procedures!
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – To take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, a $40 per exam non-refundable deposit is due by October 16, 2019. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org and indicate your exam decision. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Deadline to Join and indicate your exam decision is October 16, 2019.
Step 3: Submit balance due – In early December, students who successfully completed steps 1 and 2 above will receive a personalized invoice for the balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by February 10, 2020.
General Policies and Information:
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance by submitting a non-refundable deposit of $40. Deposit period for May 2020 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams opens on September 10, 2019 and closes on October 16, 2019. (11:59pm, PST.)
The exam deposit is $40. The full cost of each AP® exam is $94.
2. Students selecting to take an AP® Exam must also activate their exam on The College Board’s new MyAP system by October 16, 2019. To activate the exam students must:
– Obtain an AP® Class/Group Join Code from their Madison HS AP® subject teacher
– Log into MyAP at http://myap.collegeboard.org with their College Board Profile (See FAQs) and apply the Join Code
3. To initiate an AP® Exam order successfully, students MUST complete steps 1 and 2 by October 16, 2019.
Students who successfully initiated an exam order will begin receiving customized invoices via email in early December at the parent email address provided on the deposit form. To complete the exam order process, the balance due must be submitted by February 10, 2020.
Any student who has a balance due outstanding by February 11, 2020 will have their exam order cancelled and will forfeit their non-refundable deposit.
4. Deposit and balance due payments for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in deposit processing is October 8, 2019.
5. Fee reductions are available to students who qualify based on College Board and Federal Free-Reduced Lunch Program guidelines. To verify whether or not you are eligible for fee reduction, please submit a completed Fee Reduction Application to Ms. Yesenia Canizalez (email@example.com) by October 9, 2019. If you are eligible, you will receive special instructions to submit payment via the online deposit form using a fee reduction code. This code will reduce your price appropriately. The deadline to obtain a fee reduction code is October 9 by 3 PM. You must then submit your deposit form for your AP® exam(s) with APTS by the October 16 deadline.
4. No exam cancellations or refunds are possible.
5. Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:40 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:30 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:10 PM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12:01 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
6. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP® Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
7. Please bring a snack and water/drink or lunch if you have 2 tests back to back on the same day. These items will be placed on a table or counter that you may access at break time only or after the test officially concludes.
8. Cell phones, Smartwatches, Pods, MP3 players, digital watches etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
9. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
10. College Board is extremely strict regarding qualifying for rescheduling an AP® exam to the Late Testing (make-up) window. In addition, the reason for requesting late testing must also meet the California Educational Code regulations for excused absences. In conjunction with College Board regulations, San Diego City Schools approved reasons to reschedule an exam include: extreme illness (hospitalization or medical care, a doctor’s note will be required), bereavement, court appearance, conflict with another AP® exam, or a school sponsored sport or academic event. Additional fees may apply and documentation may be required. Students are NOT eligible for Late Testing for reasons such as: family trips, conflict with an in-class exam/activity, or having selected the incorrect AP® exam subject when you submitted your order. Contact your site AP® Coordinator for more information – deadlines for ordering the alternate exam materials apply and vary per subject.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com