Registration Deadlines and Steps:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students log into their AP® Exam Groups on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to join the online AP® Exam group. (See FAQs for more information and details.) Deadline October 15*.
Step 2: Fee Submission – Click on Submit AP® Exam Payment below and complete the online payment form to submit fees. All students complete the online payment form, regardless of method of payment. Deadline November 1, 2021*.
General Policies and Information:
1. Students should consult with their AP® teachers about registering for the AP® Exams.
2. Exam registration for 2022 exams requires two steps by the applicable deadline: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees.
3. To Activate an Exam on the College Board MyAP site students log into their College Board profile accounts via http://myap.collegeboard.org
College Board Profile accounts are the same accounts used to order SAT exams or to collect prior year PSAT or AP exam scores. Students who have never taken one of those exams should create a new profile.
Once logged into MyAP, students will JOIN the AP Class with a teacher and subject specific Join Code (Access Code.) Student can obtain the Join Codes from their Teachers.
Students will then be prompted to complete the online registration profile in MyAP.
ALL students should complete the Join Step by the applicable deadline to become part of the online AP Class community and access free College Board course resources, regardless of whether they are taking the exam.
Students choosing to take the optional exam will also click on the “Register for Exam” button to activate the exam. Deadline to activate the exam on MyAP is October 15, 2021.
4. Exam Fees: The cost of each AP® Exam is $96.00 each.
All exams must be ordered online through the APTS system, which accepts credit card and debit card payments. A 3.1% online payment fee will be added to the total. This fee covers the additional charges by third-party processors and is not collected by La Jolla High School. If you do not wish to use the online payment option, you may mail in check or money order payment to APTS. Mail in payment must be postmarked by October 27 to ensure timely processing for the Fall deadline. Instructions regarding the mailing in of the check or money order payment will be emailed to the parent email address provided on the registration form upon completion of the form.
Late fee submission for courses that commence in the Fall will be possible from November 16, 2021 through March 4, 2022 with a $40 penalty fee per exam.*
NO exam fee submissions will be processed after March 4, 2022. Exams that are active on MyAP without a corresponding fee submission will be deactivated and not ordered.
5. Students who fail to complete BOTH the exam activation step and the fee submission by the deadline will not have a fully complete exam order and no order will be submitted for them to College Board. BOTH activation and fee submission is required.
6. * Spring Courses: Courses that COMMENCE In the Spring (AP Macro and AP Microeconomics) can register without penalty from January 1, 2022 through February 15, 2022. Students enrolled in these courses will not be able to complete the activation step until the course commences.
7. Refunds/Cancellation: Students who request an exam cancellation by November 1, 2021 will be eligible for a full refund of exam fees. Exam cancellation requests submitted after November 1, 2021 and before March 31, 2022 will be eligible for a partial refund. A $40 College Board cancellation penalty fee will be retained. Students who submitted a reduction price exam fee will forfeit the payment on file. To cancel email email@example.com and include your name, name of your school, the title of the exam to cancel.
8. Fee reductions are available to students who are currently on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program. If you are currently on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program, the fee is $5 per test. In order to register for AP® tests at the reduced price, please complete the application available at the link below no later than October 27. If your application is approved, you will receive a Fee Reduction Code. Once you receive your code you will be able to register on the APTS payment website at the reduced amount. Code usage is verified with APTS.
9. Special Note for unique exams:
- AP® Computer Science Principles: Per College Board regulations, only students who have submitted by April 30 to College Board the required in-class assessment for this course may sit for the AP® Computer Science Principles exam.
- AP® Studio Art: This ‘exam’ is a portfolio that has physical and digital portions. Both portions must be submitted to your AP® Studio Art Teacher AND to the school AP® Coordinator before May.
10. Exam day details will be communicated to examinees closer to the actual exam administration dates. General information to be aware of: Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:40 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:30 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:10 PM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12:01 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
11. College Board is extremely strict regarding qualifying for rescheduling an AP® exam to the Late Testing (make-up) window. In addition, the reason for requesting late testing must also meet the California Educational Code regulations for excused absences. In conjunction with College Board regulations, San Diego City Schools approved reasons to reschedule an exam include: extreme illness (hospitalization or medical care, a doctor’s note will be required), bereavement, court appearance, conflict with another AP® exam, or a school sponsored sport or academic event. Additional fees may apply and documentation may be required. Students are NOT eligible for Late Testing for reasons such as: family trips, conflict with an in-class exam/activity, or having selected the incorrect AP® exam subject when you submitted your order. Contact your site AP® Coordinator for more information – deadlines for ordering the alternate exam materials apply and vary per subject.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org