Please read carefully through all information below.
Exam Activation and Deposit Submission Deadline: November 1, 2019
New Deadlines and New Procedures!
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org and indicate your exam decision. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See below and the FAQs for more details.) Deadline to Join and indicate your exam decision is November 1, 2019.
Step 2: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – To take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, a $40 per exam deposit is due by November 1, 2019. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 3: Submit Balance Due – In late November, students who successfully completed steps 1 and 2 above will receive a personalized invoice for the applicable balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by March 2, 2020.
General Policies and Information:
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance. Registration for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) exams administration runs from October 1, 2019 until November 1, 2019 at midnight CST.
2. The cost of each AP® exam is $94 ($133 for Capstone exams).
3. No late registration is possible.
4. To activate the exam on the College Board site, students will log into their College Board profile accounts via the MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org
A College Board profile is the same account used to order SAT® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® Exam scores from past years. If a student does not have a profile, they will need to create one.
Make sure all the registration and profile pages are complete on MyAP, including: your full legal name (should match school records), your student ID number from La Cueva, your La Cueva School name, and an email address where you can receive important exam day information from APTS and/or the College Board.
Students will need a Join Code (or access code) to connect their profile to their specific AP® subjects. Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Please see your AP® Class teacher to obtain a Join Code before November 1, 2019 and complete the process on MyAP.
See the FAQs for more details.
5. To have a successfully activated exam order, a student must complete both exam activation and deposit submission by the November 1, 2019 deadline. Failure to complete either or both steps will mean that your school’s AP Coordinator will not be able to submit your exam order to the College Board.
Students who have successfully completed steps 1 and 2 listed at the top of this page, will receive on or around November 20, 2019 a custom digital invoice via email for any applicable balance due. The email will be sent to the parent email address provided on the deposit form. Deadline to submit the balance of fees due is March 2, 2020.
Deposit and balance due payments can be submitted online via credit card and debit card payments as well as check payment mailed in. Instructions will be provided at the end of the deposit form as well as on the custom invoice for the balance due that will be emailed.
6. Fee reductions are available to qualifying students which reduces the cost of exams significantly. To apply for a fee reduction, see Ms. Chandler for assistance and to obtain a Fee Reduction Discount Code. Once you have the discount code, you can complete your online deposit form on this website. The Fee Reduction Code will lower your deposit amount and that means you will not have a balance due.
Students who qualify for a fee reduction and cancel their exam after November 1, 2019 or no show for the exam, will be charged $37 to the La Cueva HS Accounts at the end of May to cover the cost of the unused exam.
7. La Cueva High School will offer full or partial refunds to students based on the criteria below. To request a refund, students must email email@example.com and include their name, the La Cueva High School name, and the title of the exam they wish to cancel.
- Refund requests made before November 1, 2019: Students who request a refund before November 1, 2019 will be eligible to receive a full refund minus the online processing fee.
- Refund requests made on or after November 2, 2019 and before May 1, 2020: Mrs. Chandler will be ordering exams on November 2 and therefore any requests for a refund on or after this date will take into account the unused test fee charged to La Cueva by AP® and therefore your refund will be minus the $40 unused exam fee.
- Students who received a fee waiver are not eligible for a partial refund as the cost for the unused exam is more than the amount paid. Students who qualify for a fee reduction and cancel their exam after November 1, 2019 or no show for the exam, will be charged $37 to the La Cueva HS Accounts at the end of May to cover the cost of the unused exam.
- No refunds will be given after May 1, 2020
8. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:25 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:30 AM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your parents and coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
9. For information regarding testing rooms and locations, please stop by the La Cueva Counseling office the last week of April.
10. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least two sharpened # 2 pencils (mechanical pencils are not allowed), erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see the College Board AP® Calculator Policy for approved types) with fresh batteries.
11. Cell phones, iPods, smartwatches, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
12. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com