Registration for (AP®) Exams closes October 30, 2020 (midnight CST)
Deadlines and Procedures:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must activate their exams on The College Board MyAP site by JOINing their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. Deadline to activate your exam is October 30, 2020. (See the FAQs for more information.)
Step 2: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – Submit a $40 per exam deposit between September 1 and October 30, 2020. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 3: Submit balance due -In December, students who successfully initiated an exam order by completing steps 1 and 2, will receive a personalized invoice for the balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by March 1, 2021.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be pre-ordered by completing Step 1 and Step 2 above no later than October 30, 2020.*
2. The cost of each AP® exam is $95. Capstone exams are $143 each.
3. The online deposit submission system accepts credit card or debit card as well as mail in payments. There is an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. To submit an order using a check or money order, which has no additional fee, please complete the deposit form online and follow the directions to mail in your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation email. Postmark deadline for mail in payments is October 26, 2020.
4. Students who have successfully initiated an exam order by submitting deposit and activating the exam on MyAP, will receive in December a customized digital invoice to the parent email address provided on the deposit form. The full balance is due paid in full by March 1.*
NOTE that students who fail to complete both steps 1 and 2 by October 30, 2020 will NOT have a successful exam order initiated and will not have an exam ordered. See FAQs for more information.*
5. Fee Assistance: Fee reductions sponsored by the College Board and the State of Texas are available to families who qualify.
All students must submit a $40 deposit per exam, but students currently enrolled in free or reduced lunch will qualify for a significant fee reduction on AP® exams.
- Students who are eligible for a total reduced fee of LESS than $40 per exam AND who sit for the exam administration may be eligible for a refund at the end of May.
Please see the FAQs for more information or contact Mrs. Audra Boney (office 2300) at Kingwood HS for more information BEFORE you submit your deposit.
6. REFUNDS: There will be no refunds issued after March 1, 2021. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel must submit a written request to email@example.com – include the student’s name, their school name, and the name of the exam the students wishes to cancel. Refund requests submitted before March 1, 2021 will be eligible for a full refund of exam fees. Late fees and credit card fees are non-refundable. Cancellations after March 1, 2021 and no shows on exam day will not be eligible for any refund.
7. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
8. Students that miss their AP® test may qualify to take an alternate late exam. Documentation will be required and will need to be submitted to your campus AP® Coordinator, Mrs. Boney. Alternate late testing is allowed by College Board under the following circumstances:
|No Additional Late Fee Incurred||Additional Late Fee of $40 Incurred|
Alternate late exams will be given on May 18-21, 2021 as per College Board policy. For more information regarding alternate late testing, please contact APTS at email@example.com
* Students enrolled in AP® US Government and/or AP® Macroeconomics that are offered in the SPRING/Second Semester (i.e. the course does not commence until January 2021), may submit their deposit in the fall but are not required to do so. Although encouraged to submit their deposit in the Fall, these students, and ONLY these students, will be allowed to place exam orders for these subjects without penalty fees between February 1 and March 1, 2021.
Questions or need assistance? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org