Students enrolled at John F. Kennedy HS (Bellmore-Merrick CHSD) may submit registration and payment here for the 2023 PSAT/NMSQT® exam.
Exam Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
Registration Deadline: September 6, 2023 at 11:59pm EST
How do I register for the exam?
Registration for the 2023 DIGITAL PSAT/NMSQT Exam opens August 21, 2023 to students currently enrolled in grades 10 and 11 at John F. Kennedy HS (Bellmore-Merrick CHSD)
Click on the “Order the PSAT/NMSQT®” button below and complete the online registration and payment form before 11:59pm EST, September 6, 2023.
What are the fees for the exam?
The exam fee is $26.
Payment is submitted at the end of the online payment form. Payment can be submitted online with a debit or credit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. A 3.1% credit card processing fee is added to the cost of the exam automatically if paying with a debit or credit card. There is no additional fee for mailing in payment. Mail in instructions are provided on the payment form. Postmark deadline to mail in a payment and ensure timely processing is August 31, 2023.
Is there any financial assistance available for the exam?
Qualifying students are eligible to receive a reduction or waiver of fees. Please contact your School Counselor for information and to request a reduction. Approved requests will receive a Fee Reduction discount code to apply to the online registration and payment form. Discount codes should be requested BEFORE completing the payment form and at least two days before the registration deadline.
Why take the PSAT/NMSQT® exam?
The PSAT/NMSQT® (PSAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) is a 2.5-hour version of the College Board’s SAT®. The PSAT/NMSQT® measures verbal, mathematical, and writing abilities important to success in university and provides practice for taking the SAT® in their senior year. The PSAT/NMSQT® can be used to predict performance on the SAT. The PSAT® is not used in US university admission; scores will be sent only to the student and to the school.
In the grade 11 year, the PSAT/NMSQT® exam is also the qualifying exam for the National Merit Scholarship.
Can I cancel the exam and get a refund?
No refunds or cancellations will be allowed for this exam. No shows on exam day are also not eligible for any refunds.
How do I prepare for the exam?
The College Board offers detailed information as well as preparation tools developed in partnership with The Khan Academy. To access these tools via The College Board’s PSAT/NMSQT® informational page, click here.
What do I need to know about the test day?
Exam day specifics and reporting information will be communicated by your campus closer to the test date. Please plan for the following:
- ALL students taking the exam must have a CURRENT school- or government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license or school ID.)
- Students must bring their school-issued Chromebook in a fully-charged state to the exam (we recommend to bring a charge cord as well!)
- Restart the Chromebook before exam day so that the exam app “Bluebook” is the most current version.
- Students must know what their College Board account/profile log in credentials are – this is the same account you would use to log into MyAP for AP Classes/exams as well as the same account used for SAT exam orders on http://collegeboard.org (see below for more information on how to create an account).
- If a student is not sure how to log into their College Board accounts, or need to create one, please visit the College Board Accounts page at https://account.collegeboard.org/
- Students must know the log in credentials and check that they are correct BEFORE exam day since contacting College Board on exam day will not be feasible due to time constraints.
- Do NOT create a new account or profile if you’re struggling to log into your previously created account! All exam scores and information must be on the same account.
- Students may also bring water and a snack
- Review the College Board digital exam requirements for exam day (what you may and may not bring): https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/digital/what-to-bring-do/what-to-bring
When and how are scores for the exam released?
Exam scores are typically released in November and December via The College Board’s online portal.
When PSAT/NMSQT® scores are ready online, the student will receive from College Board an email with instructions to go to the online score report, and how to use the access code to view scores. Please visit College Board’s website for detailed information on how to access PSAT/NMSQT® scores.
For questions or assistance with exam fee submission, please contact APTS at email@example.com