Students and families enrolled at John F. Kennedy High School (Bellmore-Merrick CHSD) can learn here about registration for the 2022 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams. The AP® Exam registration information and policies are posted below.
Please read through this information carefully.
EXAM REGISTRATION DEADLINES AND PROCEDURES
Step 1: Activate your Exam on MyAP – Students will all activate their AP® Exams on the College Board MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org by joining their MyAP AP® Classrooms using the teacher join codes (this step has been completed in class in September.)
Step 2: Submit exam fees – Starting on October 1, 2021, students will receive from APTS at the email address linked on their MyAP Account their customized exam fee invoices. Exam fees are due paid in full by November 1, 2021.
1. Bellmore-Merrick requires students to take the corresponding Advanced Placement (AP®) exam for the courses in which they are enrolled for 2021-2022.
2. Exams are $100 each. AP Capstone course exams are $144 each.
3. All students must activate their MyAP Profiles and link to their AP Classrooms via http://myap.collegeboard.org
If you have not completed this step in September: To activate an AP® Exam order for the May 2021 exam administration, students will log into their College Board profiles via http://myap.collegeboard.org
To link their exam subject to their profiles, students will receive from each of their AP® teachers a Join Code (or access code). Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific.
The MyAP system will prompt students to complete a MyAP Profile – please make sure to enter your full legal name, the correct school of attendance, your student ID number, and an email address to enable receipt of important alerts from College Board and APTS.
Please see the FAQs for more information.
4. All students must submit exam fees corresponding to their AP Exams
Payment submission for AP® exams will be done online through APTS.
Students with active exam orders will receive on or around October 1, 2021 a custom digital invoice. Invoices will be emailed to the email address on the student’s College Board profile.
Fees are due paid in full by November 1, 2021.
The fees due can be submitted either by online payment (credit or debit card), or via mailing in a check or money order. Instructions will be provided in the invoice.
Use of a credit or debit card to complete the online payment form will incur a 3.1% credit card processing fee. Students may choose to avoid that fee by mailing in a check or money order to the address provided in the invoice instructions. Mail in options should be payable to “APTS.” If you select this option, you must postmark your payment on or before October 27, 2021 to ensure timely processing.*
Late payment submission is not possible.
5. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students and will automatically be reflected on your invoice if you have been approved for Free-Reduced Lunch status for 2021-2022. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, contact AP Coordinator Elissa Germaine at email@example.com. Approval may take several days so it is critical to apply early. Approval for fee reductions will be based on criteria established by the College Board. Students who are approved after the initial invoice release will receive an updated invoice.
6. If you believe that you receive test modifications, please contact your school counselor. Deadline to initiate an application accommodations with the College Board is January 18, 2022. (Students do not need to re-apply annually.)
7. Exam day specifics will be communicated by the school closer to the exam administration date. However, review these general instructions: Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:30 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will be promptly at 11:30 a.m.. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® Exam early.
Questions or need assistance? Please call 1-855-663-8348 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org