2023 AP Exam Payments
Registration Deadline: March 5, 2023
Students who attend Kearny High School can register here for the May 2023 AP® exam administration.
Exam Fee: $97 per exam
Please read through the information below and then click on “Order AP® Exams” to submit an order.
Registration Deadlines and Steps:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students log into their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to activate the exam by joining the online AP® Exam or Class group and then clicking “Register for Exam”. Deadline to activate is March 5, 2023.
Step 2: Fee Submission – Click on Submit AP® Exam Payment and complete the online payment form to submit fees. All students registering for an exam must complete the online payment form, regardless of method of payment. Deadline is March 5, 2023.
Registration Regulations and Information:
1. Exam fees for the May 2023 AP® Exam Administration is $97 per exam.
2. Exam registration for 2023 exams requires two steps: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees. Both steps must be completed between January 23, 2023 and March 5, 2023.
Late registration is not possible.
3. To Activate an Exam on the College Board MyAP site students log into their College Board profile accounts via http://myap.collegeboard.org
College Board Profile accounts are the same accounts used to order SAT exams or to collect prior year PSAT or AP exam scores. Students who have never taken one of those exams should create a new profile.
Once logged into MyAP, students will JOIN the AP Class with a teacher and subject specific Join Code (Access Code.) Student can obtain the Join Codes from their Teachers.
Students will then be prompted to complete the online registration profile in MyAP.
ALL students should complete the Join Step by the applicable deadline to become part of the online AP Class community and access free College Board course resources, regardless of whether they are taking the exam.
Deadline to activate the exam on MyAP is March 5, 2023.
4. Exam Fees – Exams are $97 per exam and must be paid in full by March 5, 2023. All exams must be paid for through the APTS payment form at the link below. This form accepts credit card and debit card payments. A 3.1% online payment fee will be added to the total. This fee covers the additional charges by third-party processors and is not collected by High School. If you do not wish to use the online payment option, you may mail in check or money order payment to APTS. Mail in payment must be postmarked by February 28, 2023 to ensure timely processing for the deadline. Instructions regarding the mailing in of the check or money order payment will be emailed to the parent email address provided on the registration form upon completion of the form.
NO exam fee submissions will be processed after March 5, 2023. Exams that are active on MyAP without a corresponding fee submission will be deactivated and not ordered.
5. Students who fail to complete BOTH the exam activation step and the fee submission by the deadline will not have a fully complete exam order and no order will be submitted for them to College Board. BOTH activation and fee submission is required.
6. Fee Reductions: Fee reductions are available to students who are currently on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program. If you are currently on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program, the fee is $5 per test. In order to register for AP® tests at the reduced price, please complete the steps below ASAP. If your application is approved, you will receive a Fee Reduction Code. Once you receive your code you will be able to register on the APTS payment website at the reduced amount. Code usage is verified with APTS.
How to Request Reduced Exam Fees
AP will allow reduced exam fees for specific qualifications – full details HERE
Reduced exam fees must be determined each year and no one is automatically qualified.
To qualify for reduced exam fees, families must complete the LCFF form.
* LCFF means Local Control Funding Formula and by completing this short form, it determines funding for schools and eligibility for other supports like reduced exam fees. More details can be found HERE
* The LCFF form is in the Parent PowerSchool Portal HERE
* This is an instruction document to help complete the form HERE
* If you don’t know how to access your PowerSchool Parent Portal, please talk to your school’s site tech or front office manager to get access.
7. Cancellations/Refunds: Students who request an exam cancellation by March 5, 2023 will be eligible for a full refund of exam fees. Exam cancellation requests submitted after March 5, 2023 and before April 10, 2023 will be eligible for a partial refund. A $40 College Board cancellation penalty fee will be retained. Students who submitted a reduction price exam fee will forfeit the payment on file. To cancel email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, name of your school, the title of the exam to cancel.
8. Exam Day details: Specifics and information will be shared with examinees when the exam date is closer.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com