Students and Families enrolled at Karns High School can register here for the 2021 Advanced Placement (AP®) Administration. Please read all information and terms carefully.
- Fall Registration Deadline: October 23, 2020
- Spring Registration Deadline: February 26, 2021
Exam Fees: $95 per exam
PROCEDURES FOR MAY 2021 EXAMS:
STEP 1: Activate your exam – Log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org using your College Board profile and apply the ‘Join Code’ (access code) you receive from your teacher for each of your subjects. (See FAQs for details) Click on ‘Register for Exam’ to activate your exam. For yearlong and Fall courses, deadline to activate the exam on MyAP is October 23, 2020. For Spring courses, deadline to join the course on MyAP is February 26, 2021.
STEP 2: Submit exam fees – Click on “Submit fees for AP® Exams” below and submit your fees. For yearlong and Fall courses, fees are due by October 23, 2020. Deadline for Spring Courses is February 26, 2021.
- AP® Exam Calendar 2021
- AP® Exam FAQs
- AP® Exam Site Security Regulations
- AP® Exam Day Information
- AP® Exam Locations
- Submit AP Exam Fees
REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2021 AP® EXAMS WILL RUN FROM:
- Fall Semester: September 14, 2020 through October 23, 2020 (Midnight EST)
- Spring Semester: January 18, 2021 through February 26, 2021 (Midnight EST)
1.Exam registration for 2021 exams requires two steps: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees. (See FAQs for more information on the MyAP activation process.)
Students enrolled in AP®courses that commence in the Fall Semester will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams and submit fees between September 14 and October 23, 2020.
*Students enrolled in AP® courses that commence in the Spring will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams and submit fees between January 18, 2021 and February 26, 2021.
Students enrolled in Spring semester AP® Courses may submit payment for these exams in advance, but it is not recommended since there are no refunds.
No late registration is available.
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $95.00 each.
Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form.
Late registration is not available.
3. All testing will occur off campus (with the exception of AP® Human Geography which will be held at Karns High School). Additional details will be provided closer to the testing date under the Exam Day Information link. Click here to download the Medical Release Form and submit it by March 15, 2021 to the KHS Counseling Office.
4. Please keep in mind that many colleges will award credit for AP® Test scores of 3 or higher. Karns High School therefore recommends that you participate in taking the exam(s). Current school board policy states that you must take the exam in order to earn additional points on the final student grade point average. You will have the option of sending scores to colleges you may want to attend.
5. Karns HS allows homeschool students to test with KHS for an additional $20 per exam.
6. Fee reductions are possible for qualifying students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please submit the AP® Fee Waiver Application Form (Linked here) to Ms. Donnell, KHS Testing Coordinator. Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will reduce the price of the exam(s) on the registration form to the appropriate amount.
7. Refunds are not possible.
8. College and universities with AP® Credit Policies can be found on the College Board’s website at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/creditandplacement – It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the college they plan to attend will accept AP® credit and submit scores to their university/college of choice.
9. AP® exam program information is available in the College Board “AP® Bulletin for Students and Parents.” Paper copies of this bulletin will be available in the KHS Counseling Office as of mid-February. Students are encouraged to pick up a copy at that time.
For AP® school specific information, you may also contact the KHS Testing Coordinator, Lyndsey Donnell, Room 118, email@example.com
Technical questions or need assistance? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-855-663-8348.