Students and families enrolled in John F. Kennedy HS (LAUSD) can review information here regarding the 2020-2021 Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Fee Submission Process.
Payment Deadline: March 1, 2021
1.The cost per exam is $95 per exam for a standard exam ($143 for AP Capstone: Seminar or Research).
- The cost per exam for students who are eligible for the Free-Reduced Lunch program is $5 per exam.
2. All students with exams active and joined on the AP Classroom dashboard on The College Board MyAP system (http://myap.collegeboard.org) will receive a personalized invoice for their exams on December 6, 2020.*
- The invoice will be emailed to the student’s email address linked to their College Board MyAP account.
- The invoice will automatically show fee reductions based on Free-Reduced Lunch eligibility.
- Students enrolled in AP US Government which COMMENCES in the Spring semester will activate the exam on the College Board MyAP system when the class starts. Students in this course will have until January 29, 2021 to register the exam on MyAP and will receive a separate invoice for the Spring semester course’s exam by January 31, 2021. Deadline to submit fees remains March 1, 2021.
3. The payment must by submitted in full by March 1, 2021.*
- Payment can be submitted online with a debit or credit card by clicking the “Pay Now” button in the invoice email (a 3.1% credit/debit card processing fee will be added automatically for online payments along with a minimum processing charge of $0.30 per transaction.)
- Payment can also be submitted by mailing in a check or money order. No minimum transaction charge is included for mail in payments. Instructions and details are listed on the emailed invoice. Postmark deadline to ensure timely processing for mail-in payments is February 23, 2021.
Need assistance to make partial payments, or to split payments between cards/individuals, please email email@example.com or call 1-855-663-8348.
4. Adding or Removing an exam:
- Students who would like to add an exam after they receive their invoice on December 6, 2020 will incur a $40 per exam late add fee (except for AP US Government which commences in the Second Semester and has a MyAP Registration deadline of January 29, 2021). No exams will be added after March 1, 2021.
- If there are any inaccuracies or changes that need to be made to your invoice, including to remove an exam from your invoice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the invoice number and the name of the exam to be removed. Your invoice will be updated/corrected and a new invoice will be issued.
5. Fee Reductions: Students eligible for the Free-Reduced fee on their AP exams will automatically see the reduction applied to the personalized invoice students receive. If a student’s status changes to Free-Reduced or if the exam price reduction is not applied to your invoice, please contact your school site AP Coordinator Mr. Abarr at LXA30192@lausd.net to request an update of your status on the College Board MyAP system.
6. What if you did not receive your invoice? Email email@example.com and include your name, name of your school, and request your invoice to be re-issued.