Exam Fee Submission Deadline: November 5, 2021
Exam Fee: $96 per exam ($144 for Capstone)
How do I order an exam?
Step 1: Activate your Exam on MyAP –
- To activate an AP® Exam order for the May 2022 exam administration, students will log into or create their College Board profiles via http://myap.collegeboard.org
- Your College Board profile is the same account used to order SAT® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® scores from previous years. If you do not have a profile, you will be able to create an account on http://myap.collegeboard.org
- The MyAP system will prompt students to complete a MyAP Profile – please make sure to enter your full legal name, the correct school of attendance, your student ID number, and an email address able to receive of important alerts from College Board and APTS. (It should be an email address frequently checked and which you can access beyond high school.)
- Both returning and new users will be prompted to go through MyAP Registration pages on the MyAP website, see below for tips of what information to provide or update
- To link their exam subject to their profiles, students will receive from each of their AP® teachers a Join Code (or access code). Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Students will JOIN their AP® classes at the start of the year with this join code.
- Each AP® Course teacher will provide you with a Join Code (or access code) to apply to your account during the Join Days. These Join Codes link each specific subject to your account.
- You must JOIN your AP® class on MyAP to have an active exam.
- This step may have already occurred in class in September or October!
Step 2: Submit exam fees –
- To submit exam fees, click on the ‘Submit AP Exam Fees’ button on the link below and complete the payment form.
- Exam fees are due paid in full by November 5, 2021
- Exam fees can be submitted online using a credit or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. Payment instructions are available on the payment form.
- Use of a credit or debit card to complete the online payment form will incur a 3.1% credit card processing fee. Students may choose to avoid that fee by mailing in a check or money order to the address provided in the invoice instructions. Mail in options should be payable to “APTS.” If you select this option, you must postmark your payment on or before November 1 to ensure timely processing. Instructions will be provided via email.
Exams with an outstanding balance of fees as of November 6, 2021 will be cancelled and deactivated in MyAP and not ordered.
LATE payment submission and ordering is possible November 16, 2021 through March 4, 2022. A penalty fee of $40 per exam is charged for late orders or for reactivation of an exam on MyAP.
I can’t access my College Board profile or I can’t remember if I have one. What do I do?
Don’t create a second account!
Each student should have only ONE College Board account during their high school careers which houses AP®, PSAT® and SAT® scores and information. For log in help visit: https://pages.collegeboard.org/account-help or https://myap.collegeboard.org Students may also call College Board AP® Services for Students: 844-314-3632.
What information should I complete on my College Board profile?
The MyAP System will prompt you to complete the Registration screens if you are creating a new account. (If you have an account already, make sure to check through the MyAP Profile pages.)
Make sure that you enter your FULL legal name (should match your school records), your school student ID number, and also the name of your school. The email address on your profile should be one that is checked frequently and will be accessible after high school. The email will be a crucial account identifier as well as where you will receive alerts from College Board and APTS.
On your College Board MyAP Profile you will also be prompted to complete the “Send Score” feature – on this screen you will submit the name of the college/university where you would like your free exam score report sent in July. Deadline to indicate the name of the school and qualify for a free report, is June 15.
Where do I get the Join Codes to be able to activate the exam?
Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Teachers will distribute the codes at the start of the course. If you are absent, please see your AP® Class teacher to obtain the Join Codes.
(If you are already on MyAP AP Classroom then you have completed this step already!)
Is there financial aid available for the 2022 AP® exams?
Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please contact AP Coordinator Mr. Kevin DeBenedetto and Tara Baron at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Approval for fee reductions will be based on criteria established by the College Board. Students who are approved for the reduced fee rate as per the College Board criteria, will receive a fee reduction code to apply to the online payment form. This code will reduce the amount due. Please request the code before completing the payment form.
Can I change when I take the exam?
Exam times are set by The College Board. Note that AP® Exams must be taken only at the times established by The College Board. Click the calendar link below.
What may I bring with me to the exam room?
Students MUST bring their student ID, pencils, pens in blue or black ink, and a calculator (if applicable).
Students may NOT bring iPod, iPads, Smartwatches or MP3 or highlighters into the exam room. Cell phones and electronic communication device, backpacks and bags, including purses, should be left at home.
How do I access my exam scores?
Students will be able to log into apscore.org starting in early July after the May exam administration. Students will log in using the same College Board profile account information as they used on the MyAP site. Scores collection will require active log in as well as the student’s AP® ID number – which is accessible in their MyAP accounts or on the label sheets that they will be allowed to retain at the completion of their last AP® exam of each year. AP ® ID numbers are assigned one time, and will be the same from year to year.
Any other assistance needed? Please contact email@example.com or call 1-855-663-8348