Families and students enrolled at Herricks High School must register here for the 2023 PSAT/NMSQT® exam to be administered on October 14, 2023
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: August 31, 2023.
Please read through the information below and then click on Pay for the PSAT/NMSQT® to submit an order.
1. Registration & Fees
Grade 10 and grade 11 students may register for the 2023 Digital PSAT/NMSQT® exam between August 7, 2023 and August 31, 2023 (midnight EST).
The exam will be administered at Herricks High School on Saturday, October 14, 2023 in digital format.
The cost for each exam is $28.
Late Registration is not possible.
Fees are payable online with a debit or credit card or via mail in (check or money order). A 3.1% credit card processing fee is added to the cost of the exam for payments with a debit or credit card. No additional processing fee is charged for mailing in a check or money order. Mail in instructions will be provided at check out. Postmark deadline for mailing in payment is August 26.
2. Why take the PSAT/NMSQT® exam?
The PSAT/NMSQT® (Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) is a 2.5-hour version of the College Board’s SAT®. The PSAT/NMSQT® measures verbal, mathematical, and writing abilities important to success in university and provides practice for taking the SAT® later in grade 12. The PSAT® can be used to predict performance on the SAT. The PSAT/NMSQT® is not used in US university admission; scores will be sent only to the student and to the school.
PSAT/NMSQT® scores from the grade 11 year are used as the qualifying submission for the National Merit Scholarship.
Starting in 2023, the PSAT/NMSQT® is administered as a digital exam.
3. Can I cancel my exam and receive a refund?
A refund of $28 is possible for exam orders cancelled on or before 11:59PM August 31, 2023. To submit a cancellation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the email the student’s name, name of the school, and the exam title to cancel. Cancellation requests received after August 31, 2023 will not be eligible for any refund.
4. How do I prepare for the exam?
The College Board offers detailed information as well as preparation tools developed in partnership with The Khan Academy. To access these tools via The College Board’s PSAT/NMSQT® informational page, click here.
5. What do I need to know about the test day?
Exam day specifics and reporting information will be communicated by your campus closer to the test date. Please plan for the following:
- ALL students taking the exam must have a CURRENT school- or government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license or school ID.)
- Students must bring their approved digital device in a fully-charged state to the exam (we recommend to bring a charge cord as well!)
- Restart the device before exam day so that the exam App “Bluebook” is the most current version.
- Students must know what their College Board account/profile log in credentials are – this is the same account you would use to log into MyAP for AP Classes/exams as well as the same account used for SAT exam orders on http://collegeboard.org
- Students must know the log in credentials and check that they are correct BEFORE exam day since contacting College Board on exam day will not be feasible due to time constraints.
- Do NOT create a new account or profile if you’re struggling to log into your previously created account! All exam scores and information must be on the same account.
- If a student is not sure how to log into their College Board accounts, or need to create one, please visit the College Board Accounts page at https://account.collegeboard.org/
- Students may also bring water and a snack
- Review the College Board digital exam requirements for exam day (what you may and may not bring): https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/digital/what-to-bring-do/what-to-bring
6. When and how are scores for the exam released?
Exam scores are typically released in mid-December via The College Board’s online portal.
When PSAT/NMSQT® scores are ready online, the student will receive from College Board an email with instructions to go to the online score report, and how to use the access code to view scores. Please visit College Board’s website for detailed information on how to access PSAT/NMSQT® scores.
For questions or assistance, please email email@example.com