Deadline for exam registration: October 27, 2023*
How do I place an AP® exam order?
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must activate their exams on The College Board MyAP site by JOINing their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org
To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. Do NOT create a second account! (College Board Profiles are the same account used to order SAT or previous year AP exams, or to collect PSAT or SAT scores.)
Join codes will be issued by your teachers and are subject, teacher and class period specific.
Fall Deadline to activate your exam is October 27, 2023*.
* Students enrolled in the SPRING AP Macroeconomics course will not be able to join that course on MyAP until it commences in the Spring/Second semester.
Step 2: Submit Exam Fee – Submit fees between August 16 and October 27, 2023*. Click below to submit the exam fees.
* Students enrolled in courses that COMMENCE in the Spring can submit exam orders without penalty between January 5 and February 27, 2024.
⇒ Both Step 1 and 2 must be completed by October 27, 2023 *to complete the exam order. Failure to complete both steps 1 and 2 by the October 27, 2023* deadline means the AP Coordinator for your school cannot submit an exam order with College Board.
Tips for setting up your College Board Profile on MyAP:
– Use an email address that you will have access to throughout high school AND university
– Make sure to enter your COMPLETE legal name to prevent issues with sending score reports to colleges and universities
– Enter your school student ID number to assist your school in reporting your attendance to the exam to the HHS Attendance Office AND help identify errors in names.
I can’t access my College Board Profile account or am not sure I have one. What do I do?
The College Board Profile is the same account used to access your past years’ AP® scores, PSAT® scores, and SAT® scores. Do not create a new one! Each student should have only ONE unique account. If you are unable to access the account, try using the ‘Forget Password?’ link on http://myap.collegeboard.org OR email firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 888-225-5427 for assistance.
Where do I get the Join Code to complete the join step on the MyAP site?
Join Codes are subject, teacher, and period specific. Please see your AP® teacher ASAP to complete the step by October 27, 2023*.
What if I am taking a class that is in the Spring Semester (AP Macroeconomics)?
Students enrolled in the Spring semester courses may submit their exam deposit in the fall, but are not required to do so. A special registration period ONLY for those students will be possible without penalty fees from January 5, 2024 until February 27, 2024. Students will not be able to receive the Join Codes from the Spring course teachers until the Spring/2nd Semester term begins.
Students who submit payments for the Spring courses between February 28 and March 5 will be subject to a $40 per exam penalty fee.
What if I miss the October deadline to submit a deposit?
It is crucial to meet the October deadline.
Students who miss the October deadline and want to add an exam, will be able to do so between November 16 and March 5, 2024 for a penalty fee of $40 per exam.
EXCEPTION is for students enrolled in courses that commence in the Spring/2nd Semester (AP Macroeconomics.) Only students enrolled in those courses will have an opportunity to initiate new orders for those subjects between January 5 and February 27, 2024.
NO new orders and no changes to orders will be possible after March 5, 2024.
I’m eligible for a fee reduction. What do I need to do?
Students eligible for a fee reduction may have significant exam fee reductions. Steps to complete your fee reduction:
- Apply for a fee reduction to Ms. Evans-James and if approved, receive a fee reduction code
- Visit the APTS site (here) to submit your exam fees and enter the fee reduction code. The code will reduce the price for you automatically.
- Activate your exam on MyAP
I dropped my AP® Course and no longer need to or want to take the exam. What do I do?
- Students who decide to cancel their exam before November 5, 2023 are eligible for a full refund of the exam fees. (Debit and credit card fees are non-refundable.)
- Students who decide to cancel their exam after November 5, 2023 and before March 15, 2024 (midnight PST) are eligible for a partial refund of the exam fees. (A $45 cancellation penalty fee will be deducted. Debit and credit card fees are non-refundable.)
- Students who submitted exam orders at a reduced price that is less than the $45 cancellation fee and cancel after November 5, 2023 will be billed for the cancellation fee to their school accounts.
- No refunds will be processed after March 15, 2024
- To request a refund, please email email@example.com with your student’s name, name of Heritage High School, and the title of the exam to be cancelled.
What day is my test?
Please review the National AP Exam Calendar posted at the link below.
How can I earn college credit through AP®?
If you take the AP®exam at the end of the Spring semester, you can earn college credit by earning a score of a 3, 4, or 5 or the exam. To determine what score you will need at one school, use the College Board’s website: AP® Credit Search
How do I submit the exam fees?
Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3.1% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online deposit form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in deposit processing is October 23, 2023.
How do I receive my scores?
By completing the exam activation process on the MyAP site, you will be issued a unique AP ID number. Scores are usually available in early July by using the AP ID and your College Board log in to retrieve scores at http://apscores.org
Additional assistance needed? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-663-8348.