Students and Families enrolled at Ellington High School (Ellington, CT) can submit payment here for the 2021 AP® Exam Administration.
Exam Deposit Deadline: October 20, 2020
Exam Activation Deadline: October 20, 2020
Deadline to submit the invoiced balance due in full: February 1, 2021
Deadlines and Procedures:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must activate their exams on The College Board MyAP site by Joining their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org and clicking on “Register for Exam.” To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) The deadline to activate your exam is October 20, 2020.
Step 2: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – Submit a $47 per exam deposit by October 20, 2020. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 3: Submit balance due – Students who successfully completed step 1 and 2 by October 20 will receive, in December, a personalized invoice for the balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by February 1, 2021.
General Policies and Information:
1. Exam registration for the May 2021 AP® Exam administration runs from September 14, 2020 through October 20, 2020.
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $97 each (Capstone exams are $145 each). A deposit of $47 is due by October 20, 2020 to initiate the exam ordering process. An invoice for the balance due will be emailed out to the parent email address provided on the deposit form. Invoices will be emailed out in early December, 2020. The balance due must be submitted by February 1, 2021.
New exam orders that are initiated after October 20, 2020 and before February 1, 2021 will incur a $40 late registration fee for a total cost of $137 (or $185 for the Capstone exam). No new orders can be initiated after February 1, 2021.
3. To Activate an Exam on the College Board MyAP site students log into their College Board profile accounts via http://myap.collegeboard.org
College Board Profile accounts are the same accounts used to order SAT® exams or to collect prior year PSAT® or AP® exam scores. Students who have never taken one of those exams should create a new profile by clicking ‘Create Account’ on the MyAP main page.
Once logged into MyAP, students will JOIN the AP® Class with a teacher and subject specific Join Code (Access Code.) Student can obtain the Join Codes from their Teachers.
ALL students should complete the Join Step to become part of the online AP Class community and access free College Board course resources, regardless of whether they are taking the exam.
Students choosing to take the exams in May must activate the exam on MyAP by clicking ‘Register for Exam’ for each exam they intend to take.
Deadline to activate the exam on MyAP without penalty fees is October 20, 2020.
To initiate an AP® Exam order successfully, students MUST submit a deposit AND complete the activation/join step on MyAP by October 20, 2020.
4. Deposit and balance due payments for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online deposit payment form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in deposit processing is October 14, 2020.
Students who successfully complete the exam activation will receive at the parent email address provided on the Deposit Form, a custom personalized invoice for the balance of exam fees due, if applicable. To complete the exam order process and be eligible to sit for the exam in May, the balance due must be submitted by February 1, 2021.
Exams with an outstanding balance due as of February 2, 2021 will be deactivated and cannot be re-instated.
5. Fee waivers/assistance – Fee waivers are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee waiver, please contact your EHS School Counselor. Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that you will to apply to the deposit form at the link below. You will then submit your $47 exam deposit per exam. Students who are verified eligible will receive no invoice in December for an additional balance due.
Note that students who are verified as eligible for a fee reduction AND who sit for their May 2021 AP exams, will be eligible for a refund of their deposit. Students who are eligible for a fee reduction and cancel or no show for their May exams will forfeit the deposit.
6. Exam Locations: Exam Locations will be announced closer to the exam date,.
7. Cancellations/Refunds: To be eligible for a full refund of the exam fees you must cancel by March 5, 2021.* (policy for the 20-21 school year) To cancel your exam order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student name, name of the school, and the exam order to cancel.
Exam cancellation requests submitted after March 5, 2021 or no shows on exam day will not be eligible for any refund.
Assistance needed? Email email@example.com or call 1-855-663-8348.