Families and students enrolled at Eldorado High School, can register here for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE For SPRING Courses: March 1, 2020
NEW Deadlines and Procedures:
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee – Students enrolled in Spring courses (i.e. the course commences in the spring) may submit the exam fees between Feb 1 and March 1, 2020. Click below to submit the fees.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must activate their exams on The College Board MyAP site by JOINing their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org (The EHS AP Coordinator will be visiting AP classes to assist with this portion of the process.)To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. Deadline to activate your exam is March 1, 2020*. (See the FAQs for more information.)
Step 3: Submit balance due -In December, students who successfully initiated an exam order by completing steps 1 and 2, will receive a personalized invoice for the balance of fees due via email for their Fall/Yearlong Classes. Balance due paid in full by March 1, 2020. (Courses that commence in the Spring or late registrations will be required to pay full fees at the time of exam order initiation.)
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be pre-ordered by completing Step 1 and Step 2 above no later than November 1, 2019* for classes that are yearlong or Fall Semester only.
*Students in courses commencing in the Spring semester (i.e. Spring semester AP Macroeconomics or AP US Government), may register for those courses between February 1 and March 1 (without penalty.)
2. The cost of each AP® exam is $94.
3. Late Registration for exams opens November 2 and runs through November 8, 2019. A penalty fee of $10 will be added to each exam registered during late registration. Orders corresponding to Fall/Yearlong classes that are originated after November 9 will have $40 penalty fee applied to each exam.
*Students in courses commencing in the Spring semester (i.e. Spring semester AP Macroeconomics or AP US Government), may register for those courses between February 1 and March 1 (without penalty.) Students in Spring courses will have a penalty fee added to the cost of their exams between March 2 and March 6.
4. The online deposit submission system accepts credit card or debit card as well as mail in payments.. There is an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. To submit an order using a check or money order, which has no additional fee, please complete the deposit form online and follow the directions to mail in your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation email. Postmark deadline for mail in payments is October 28, 2019.
5. Students who have successfully initiated an exam order by submitting deposit and activating the exam on MyAP, will receive in December a customized digital invoice to the parent email address provided on the deposit form. The full balance is due paid in full by March 1.
NOTE that students who fail to activate the exam on MyAP by November 1, 2019 will NOT have a successful exam order initiated and will not have an exam ordered. See FAQs for more information.
6. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel must submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org – include the student’s name, Eldorado HS name, and the name of the exam the students wishes to cancel. Refund requests submitted before November 8, 2019 will be eligible for a full refund minus APTS online processing fee. For requests submitted after November 8, 2019 and before midnight March 6, 2020, will be subject to $40 retained per exam to take into account the College Board unused exam fee. Students who received a fee waiver are not eligible for a refund after November 8 due to the cost of the unused exam.
7. Fee reductions are available to qualifying students which reduces the final cost of exams significantly. All students will be subject to the $40 deposit fee, but students who are approved for a fee reduction AND who sit for the exam, will be eligible for a possible fee reduction refund (amount of the refund will be confirmed once the State of NM confirms budgets.) Students who ordered an exam and do not sit for the exam administration, will NOT be eligible for the fee reduction refund. To apply for a fee reduction, see Ms. Velhagen to obtain a Fee Reduction Discount Code. Once you have the discount code, you can complete your online deposit form on this website. Where prompted, enter the code. This code will reduce the final balance due as appropriate on the invoice that you will receive in December.
8. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:15 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:15 PM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
9. For information regarding testing rooms and locations, please check your school’s website in April.
10. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP® Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
11. Cell phones, SmartWatches, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
12. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org