DEADLINE TO REGISTER: October 23, 2020
Deadlines and Procedures:
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – Submit a $20 per exam deposit between September 21 and October 23, 2020. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must join the AP® Class on The College Board MyAP site at https://myap.collegeboard.org To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. To activate the exam, click “Register for Exam” on MyAP. Deadline to activate your exam is October 23, 2020. (See the FAQs for more information.)
Step 3: Submit balance due -In November, students who successfully initiated an exam order by completing steps 1 and 2, will receive a personalized invoice for the applicable balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by February 26, 2021.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance. REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2021 ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP®) EXAMINATIONS OPENS ON SEPTEMBER 21 AND CLOSES ON OCTOBER 22, 2020.
2. The cost of each AP® exam is $95. A deposit of $20 is due by October 23, 2020. The balance of fees will be invoiced in November and are due by February 26, 2021. Please read through the information below and then click on Submit AP® Exam Deposit to submit a deposit.
3. The online deposit submission system accepts credit card or debit card as well as mail in payments.. There is an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. To submit an order using a check or money order, which has no additional fee, please complete the deposit form online and follow the directions to mail in your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation email. Postmark deadline for mail in payments is October 19, 2020.
No late registration is possible.
4. All students will join as part of their AP Course, an online AP community via the College Board MyAP website at http://myap.collegeboard.org – to log into this community, a student will need their College Board profile account (the same account used to order SAT exams or to collect prior year AP and PSAT Scores). If a student does not yet have an account, they will need to create one.
To connect to the specific AP Subject, students will log in and then apply a “Join Code” or Access Code to their MyAP account. The Join Codes are issued by the ECA-CEC teachers and are subject and teacher specific. ALL students join the MyAP AP class to access course resources.
Students choosing to take the optional AP exam must also activate the exam by clicking “Register for Exam” in MyAP before the exam order deadline of October 23, 2020.
5. Students who have successfully initiated an exam order by submitting deposit and activating the exam on MyAP, will receive on or around November 20, 2020 a customized digital invoice for their balance due remaining. The invoice email will be sent to the parent email address provided on the deposit form. The full balance is due paid in full by February 26, 2021.
NOTE: students who fail to activate the exam on MyAP by October 22, 2020 will NOT have a successful exam order initiated and will not have an exam ordered. See FAQs for more information.*
Note: Exams with an outstanding balance due as of February 27, 2021 will be cancelled.
6. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel must submit a written request to the APTS Cancellation Desk at email@example.com – include the student’s name, your school name, and the name of the exam the students wishes to cancel. To be eligible for a full refund of the exam fees, students must submit written refund/cancellation request to the Cancellation Desk no later than March 8, 2021. Credit card fees or late fees are non-refundable. No exam status changes will be processed after March 8, 2021. No shows on exam day are not eligible for a refund.
7. Fee reductions are available to qualifying students which reduces the cost of exams significantly. To apply for a fee reduction, see Mrs. Ramsey to obtain a Fee Reduction Discount Code. Once you have the discount code, you can complete your online deposit form on this website. Where prompted, enter the code. The discount code will reduce the exam fee automatically. Students verified to be eligible for the reduced price will not receive an invoice for any additional fees due.
8. Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:30 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:15 PM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12:15 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
9. Exam Day details and reporting locations will be communicated by your school closer to the actual exam administration date.
10. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
11. Cell phones, Smartwatches, iPads, iPods, MP3 players, or electronic communication devices of any kind are NOT permitted in the testing room.
12. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com