Students enrolled at Dougherty Valley High School (SRVUSD, CA) can submit exam fees here for the May 2021 administration of Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams.
Registration Deadlines and Steps:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students log into their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to join the online AP® Class. Activate the exam by clicking on “Register for Exam.” (See FAQs for more information and details.) Deadline to activate is October 2, 2020.*
Step 2: Fee Submission – Click on Submit AP® Exam Payment and complete the payment form to submit fees. All students complete the online payment form, regardless of method of payment. Deadline is October 2, 2020.*
Registration Regulations and Information:
1. Exam registration for the May 2021 optional Advanced Placement (AP®) exam administration will take place between August 24, 2020 and October 2, 2020.*
Late payment submission is possible from October 3 through October 30, 2020 with a penalty fee of $45 per exam.*
2. Exam registration for 2021 exams requires two steps: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees.
Step 1: Activate the exam –To Activate an Exam on the College Board MyAP site students log into their College Board profile accounts via http://myap.collegeboard.org
College Board Profile accounts are the same accounts used to order SAT® exams or to collect prior year PSAT/NMSQT® or AP® exam scores. Students who have never taken one of those exams should create a new profile. Do not create a second account!
Once logged into MyAP, students will JOIN the AP® Class with a teacher and subject specific Join Code (Access Code.) Join Codes will be distributed in class.
Students will then be prompted to complete/update the online registration profile in MyAP.
ALL students should complete the Join Step to become part of the online AP Class community and access free College Board course resources, regardless of whether they are taking the exam.
To activate the exam, the student will click on the “Register for Exam” button in MyAP.
Deadline to activate the exam on MyAP is October 2, 2020.*
Step 2: Submit Exam Fees – The cost of each AP® Exam is $125 each until October 2, 2020 (Capstone exams are $173 each.)
All exams must be through the APTS system, which accepts credit card and debit card payments as well as mail in payments by check or money order. A 3% online payment fee will be added to the exam fees for online payment. If you do not wish to use the online payment option, you may select the mail in payment option for no additional fees. Mail in payment must be postmarked by September 28 , 2020 to ensure timely processing. Instructions regarding the mailing in of the check or money order payment will be emailed to the parent email address provided on the registration form upon completion of the form.
Late registration will be possible from October 3 to October 30, 2020 with a penalty fee of $45 per exam. Late Registration payment is only possible online.*
3. Students who fail to complete BOTH the exam activation step and the fee submission by the deadline will not have a fully complete exam order and no order will be submitted for them to College Board. BOTH activation and fee submission is required. Exams that do not have a corresponding exam fee submitted by October 30, 2020 will be deactivated.
4. Fee Reductions: Students who meet the College Board Fee Reduction Guidelines based on family/household income may apply for a Fee Reduction Code to their school’s AP Coordinator, Ms. Falkner. To apply, download the form linked below and submit to Ms. Falkner’s office via LFalkner@srvusd.net or drop the form at the Main DVHS Office Window in the front of the school. . The Fee Reduction Code will be applied to your exam payment form (at the link below) to reduce the exam fees significantly. Please apply for the code BEFORE completing the online payment form. All code usage will be verified.
- Students who submit a cancellation request by 11:59pm EST on November 13, 2020 will receive a full refund of the exam fees and any applicable late ordering fees, minus a $2.35 APTS processing fee.
- Students who submit a cancellation request after November 13 and before 11:59pm EST on March 5, 2021, will receive a full refund of the exam fees minus a $2.35 APTS processing fee. Any late fees that were submitted will be forfeited.
- Exams cancelled after March 5 or examinees who no show on exam day are not eligible for a refund.
- *** Special Circumstance Refund: Students registered for AP Music Theory or one of the AP World Languages exams (Chinese, French, etc.) that will be offered by College Board ONLY as in-person and at school may request a refund due to COVID concerns. Refund requests for these subjects will be accepted and processed through May 1, 2021.
- Credit or debit card processing fees are non-refundable.
- To cancel email email@example.com and include the student name, name of the school and the title of the exam to cancel.
6. A calendar of scheduled dates is posted at the link below. Exam day details will be communicated by the school closer to exam date. Make sure to review the Exam Site Security Regulations linked below.
7.If you do not attend SRVUSD Schools and would like to be hosted for an AP Exam, OR you are an SRVUSD student who would like to take an AP Exam for a subject that you are self-studying or studying off-campus, please click here for more information: https://aptsusa.com/srvusd-is
* Students enrolled in the AP Macroeconomics course which COMMENCES in the Spring semester, may register in the Fall but are are not required to do so. Students in the Spring courses can submit fees without penalty and join the MyAP class AFTER the course commences. The deadline applicable ONLY to this course is March 5, 2020.
If you need assistance, please contact APTS at firstname.lastname@example.org