Fall Registration Deadline: November 5, 2021 (Midnight CST)
Spring Registration Deadline: March 4, 2022 (Midnight CST)
Exam Fee: $96 per exam
Exam registration for the 2022 AP Exam administration occurs in two windows/periods based on the commencement/start date of the course(s) you are enrolled in:
- Exams corresponding to courses that commence in the Fall semester can be ordered between September 10, 2021 and November 5, 2021.
- Exams corresponding to courses that commence in the Spring semester can be ordered between January 4, 2022 and March 4, 2022.
Registration Deadlines and Steps:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students log into their AP® Class Groups on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to join the online AP® Class using the teacher-issued Join Code (access code) and complete the MyAP Registration profile. Activation occurs after the courses has commenced. (This step is completed in class with your AP teacher.) Deadline to activate the class group for Fall semester classes is November 5, 2021. Deadline to activate the class group for Spring semester classes is March 4, 2022.
Step 2: Fee Submission – Click on Submit AP® Exam Payment and complete the online payment form to submit fees. All students registering for an exam must complete the online payment form, regardless of method of payment. Fall Deadline is November 5, 2021.
⇒ BOTH steps 1 and 2 above must be completed to successfully process an exam order.
- Payment can be submitted online with a credit or debit card (online processing fee applies) or by mailing in a check or money order. Instructions will be provided via email for mail in payment once that option is selected. Postmark deadline to mail in a payment and ensure timely processing for the Fall Deadline is November 1, 2021.
- Late Ordering will open on November 16, 2021 will be assessed a late fee of $40 per exam in addition to the cost of the test. No AP® exams can be ordered after March 4, 2022.
- Students enrolled in courses that COMMENCE in the Spring semester (January 2022) will activate the class groups on MyAP once the course commences. These students, and only these students, will be able to submit exam fees from January 4, 2022 through March 4, 2022 without penalty fees. There is no late registration possible for the Spring semester.
- Students who submitted an exam order and choose to cancel can do so through March 4, 2022 and receive a partial refund of the base exam fee MINUS the College Board $40 penalty fee for cancellation. (Late fees and credit card processing fees are non-refundable). Cancellation requests submitted after March 4, 2022 and no-shows on exam day will not be eligible for any refund. To request a cancellation, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, student ID number, name of your school, and the title of the exam you would like to cancel.
- If a student is unable to pay due to financial hardship, please see Ms. Mealer for information regarding fee waiver qualifications and availability. Students who are eligible will receive a special fee reduction code to apply towards the cost of the exams on the online registration form. Early application is recommended.
- Any student not enrolled in the AP® course for the corresponding AP® tests, but who still wants to test, will need to speak with Ms. Mealer prior to ordering the test online.
- AP® exams are administered only on the dates/times set out by College Board. Review the calendar at the link below.
- Any exams that are activated on the College Board MyAP site and do not have a corresponding exam fee submission on file by 11:59pm on November 5, 2021 will be deactivated. Re-activation will incur the $40 late registration fee, effectively making the exam fee $136. No exams will be re-activated after March 4, 2021.
Test Day Procedures:
- Exam day procedures will be communicated to examinees by the school closer to exam day.
- If there is an emergency on the day of testing, students will need to contact Ms. Mealer immediately at email@example.com
Credit for an AP® Exam
- Any credit given in the AP® class for taking the AP® Exam will be determined by your AP® teacher.
Need assistance? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org