Families and students enrolled at Canyon Hills High School, can register here for the 2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
Registration Deadlines and Steps:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students log into their AP® Exam Groups on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to join the online AP® Exam group. (See FAQs for more information and details.) Deadline is November 1, 2022
Step 2: Fee Submission – Click on Submit AP® Exam Payment below and complete the online payment form to submit fees. All students complete the online payment form, regardless of method of payment. Deadline to submit fees is November 1, 2022.
General Policies and Information:
1. Students should consult with their AP® teachers about registering for the AP® Exams.
2. Exam registration for 2023 exams requires two steps by the applicable deadline: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees.
3. To Activate an Exam on the College Board MyAP site students log into their College Board profile accounts via http://myap.collegeboard.org
College Board Profile accounts are the same accounts used to order SAT exams or to collect prior year PSAT or AP exam scores. Students who have never taken one of those exams should create a new profile.
Once logged into MyAP, students will JOIN the AP Class with a teacher and subject specific Join Code (Access Code.) Student can obtain the Join Codes from their Teachers.
Students will then be prompted to complete the online registration profile in MyAP.
ALL students should complete the Join Step by the applicable deadline to become part of the online AP Class community and access free College Board course resources, regardless of whether they are taking the exam. Students choosing to take the optional exams must also submit the exam fees.
5. Exam Fees: The cost of each AP® Exam is $97 each.
All exams must be ordered online through the APTS system (click the link below), which accepts credit card and debit card payments. A 3.1% online payment fee will be added to the total. This fee covers the additional charges by third-party processors and is not collected by Canyon Hills High School. If you do not wish to use the online payment option, you may mail in check or money order payment to APTS. Mail in payment must be postmarked by October 25 to ensure timely processing. Instructions regarding the mailing in of the check or money order payment will be emailed to the parent email address provided on the registration form upon completion of the form.
Late registration is not possible.
5. Students who fail to complete BOTH the exam activation step and the fee submission by the deadline will not have a fully complete exam order and no order will be submitted for them to College Board. BOTH activation and fee submission is required.
6. Refunds/Cancellation: Refunds and cancellations are not possible for Canyon Hills HS Examinees.
7. Fee reductions are available to students who are currently on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program. If you are currently on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program, the fee is $5 per test. In order to register for AP® tests at the reduced price, please complete the application steps below ASAP. If your application is approved, you will receive a Fee Reduction Code. Once you receive your code you will be able to register on the APTS payment website at the reduced amount. Code usage is verified with APTS.
How to Request Reduced Exam Fees
AP will allow reduced exam fees for specific qualifications – full details HERE
Reduced exam fees must be determined each year and no one is automatically qualified.
To qualify for reduced exam fees, families must complete the LCFF form.
* LCFF means Local Control Funding Formula and by completing this short form, it determines funding for schools and eligibility for other supports like reduced exam fees. More details can be found HERE
* The LCFF form is in the Parent PowerSchool Portal HERE
* This is an instruction document to help complete the form HERE
* If you don’t know how to access your PowerSchool Parent Portal, please talk to your school’s site tech or front office manager to get access.
8. Information regarding exam day details and locations will be communicated to examinees closer to the actual exam administration date. General Information to be aware of: Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:45 a.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com