Students and families enrolled in Bloomington High School South, can submit payment here for the 2020-2021 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams to be administered in May 2021.
Exam Registration Deadlines:
(Deadlines are based on the Trimester in which the course COMMENCES)
Exam Registration Opening
Exam Registration Deadline
LATE Registration Deadline
Trimester 1 Courses
August 17, 2020
October 16, 2020
November 8, 2020
Trimester 2 Courses
November 14, 2020
December 10, 2020
December 16, 2020
Trimester 3 Courses
February 19, 2021
March 10, 2021
General Policies and Information:
1. Bloomington High School South suggests that all students take the AP® exams corresponding to the AP® classes that they have taken. Scoring well on an AP® exam can often earn students college credit for their high school class, saving a significant amount on future tuition. It is also necessary to take the AP® exam along with the AP® class for students wishing to complete the “additional requirements” for a BHSS academic honors diploma.
2. Students choosing to sit for the May AP® Exams must adhere to the above listed deadlines for 2020-2021 that are based on the trimester/course commencement date (i.e. start date).
3. To activate the exam on the College Board site, students will log into their College Board profile accounts via the MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org
A College Board profile is the same account used to order SAT® exams, order previous year AP® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT®, SAT® and AP® Exam scores from past years. If a student does not have a profile, they will need to create one.
Students will need a Join Code (or access code) to connect their profile to their specific AP® subjects. Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Join Codes will be distributed in class (typically after the add/drop period has passed for the term). In case of absence, please see your AP® Class teacher to obtain a Join Code and complete the process on MyAP by the applicable deadline.
Students will not be able to Join the AP Course until the BHSS course has also commenced.
See the FAQs for more details.
4. The cost of each AP® Exam is $100 each.* (Submit payment at the link below).
*It is anticipated that the State of Indiana will subsidize the exam fees for English, Math and Science exams for May 2021. The exam fee for those subject exams will be only $10 per exam.
Payments for exams may be submitted at the link below by credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order to the APTS processing center. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. There is no processing fee for mailing in a check or money order. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online payment form. The Trimester 1 Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in payment processing is November 3, 2020.
5. Fee reduction/assistance: Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please see your school counselor to review your eligibility BEFORE submitting your exam fees. Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code to apply to the online payment form. The code will reduce the cost of the exam(s) to the appropriate amount on the online payment form. Code usage will be verified by APTS.
6. Late payment submission and registration for those who missed the initial payment window deadline is possible for the Trimester 1 and Trimester 2 registrations, but with a late payment penalty fee of $25 per exam. Due to the timeline in Trimester 3, there will be no late payments accepted. There will be no waiting lists or stand-by testing.
7. To have a successfully activated exam order, a student must complete both exam activation on MyAP and payment submission by the trimester’s applicable deadline. Failure to complete both steps will mean that your school’s AP Coordinator will not be able to submit your exam order to the College Board.
8. Exam Locations: Exam Locations will be announced closer to the exam date.
9. Cancellations: Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel can submit a cancellation request through the APTS Cancellation Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org – Submission deadline is March 10, 2021. Include in the cancellation request the student name, name of the school, and the title of the exam to cancel.
NOTE: Because College Board has suspended cancellation penalty fees for 2020-2021, cancellations submitted before March 10, 2021 will receive a full refund of the base exam fees (the College late ordering fees and credit/debit card fees are non-refundable.) Cancellation requests submitted by March 10, 2021 will be refunded within 72-hrs to the original method of payment.
10. Testing with accommodations: Students who are approved by College Board for testing with accommodations will receive special exam day instructions. To submit an application for approval, please contact the school site AP Coordinator. Deadline to submit a new application to College Board is January 15, 2021.
11. AP exam program information is available on The College Board site. Students are encouraged to review it at http://apstudents.collegeboard.org or by logging into their MyAP Accounts.
Questions or Assistance needed? Email email@example.com or call 1-855-663-8348.