Please read through the information below and then click on Register for the PSAT/NMSQT® Exam to submit an order.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: September 19, 2023
1. Registration & Fees
Grade 10 and 11 students must register for the 2023-2024 PSAT/NMSQT® exam between September 5 and September 19, 2023 (midnight EST).
No late registration is possible.
The exam will be administered at Bergen County Academies on October 5, 2023 during school hours.
The cost for each exam is $20.
This exam administration will be open only to current grade 10 and grade 11 students enrolled at BCA. The exam is required.
Fee reductions are available for 11th grade students qualifying for Free-and-Reduced Lunch programs. Please contact Mrs. Scordo to review your eligibility and to receive a fee reduction code to apply towards the fee cost when completing the online registration form.
2. Why take the PSAT/NMSQT® exam?
Students are encouraged to take the PSAT® for a variety of reasons: 1) it gives the most up-to-date picture of where you are likely to score on the actual SAT®. This will assist you in determining where you wish to spend your time and effort in preparing for the SAT® exam. 2) As a junior, you are entered as a part of the National Merit Scholar Qualifying Test (NMSQT®), a competition that awards some top scoring students across the nation with scholarships. 3) Another chance at a practice exam is always a good idea. This will help you to get a feel for the actual exam, which helps to reduce testing anxiety.
3. Can I cancel my exam and receive a refund?
No – cancellations and refunds are not possible.
What do I need to know about the test day?
Exam day specifics and reporting information will be communicated by your campus closer to the test date. Please plan for the following:
- ALL students taking the exam must have a CURRENT school- or government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license or school ID.)
- Students will be provided a school-issued Chromebook on the day of the exam for use with testing.
- Students must know what their College Board account/profile log in credentials are – this is the same account you would use to log into MyAP for AP Classes/exams as well as the same account used for SAT exam orders on http://collegeboard.org
- Students must know the log in credentials and check that they are correct BEFORE exam day since contacting College Board on exam day will not be feasible due to time constraints.
- Do NOT create a new account or profile if you’re struggling to log into your previously created account! All exam scores and information must be on the same account.
- If a student is not sure how to log into their College Board accounts, or need to create one, please visit the College Board Accounts page at https://account.collegeboard.org/
- Students may also bring water and a snack
- Review the College Board digital exam requirements for exam day (what you may and may not bring): https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/digital/what-to-bring-do/what-to-bring
When and how are scores for the exam released?
Exam scores are typically released in mid-December via The College Board’s online portal.
When PSAT/NMSQT® scores are ready online, the student will receive from College Board an email with instructions to go to the online score report, and how to use the access code to view scores. Please visit College Board’s website for detailed information on how to access PSAT/NMSQT® scores.
For questions or assistance, please call 1-855-663-8348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org